D.C. Area Babies
Options

Looking to become a nanny- advice

I left my previous position in Higher Education Administration about 5 months ago to pursue a master's degree. Now that I am settled in school, I think that I am ready to start looking for work. Does anyone have suggestions for places to look for a nanny position? or suggestions on agencies I might contact for help finding a position?

I love kids and think that a position as a nanny would be very rewarding and a great fit. I worked with kids a lot in high school and have a BA in Social Work. However recently, I have not had any work experience withchildren other than spending time with my adorable nieces and nephews whenever I can (they are out of state). Not sure if this will hurt my chance of finding employment. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Looking to become a nanny- advice

• Options

I don't have any experience as a nanny, but I used to be a personal assistant to a wealthy individual and I recall many of her friends talking about White House Nannies  https://www.whitehousenannies.com/

Good luck!

• Options
    It's not an agency, but you can also look for positions on DC Urban Moms... www.dcurbanmom.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thats awesome. I don't think having no experience will hurt you have a degree so that will help. I used www.nannies4hire.com and it is a great site to find a family. Another site you can check out is sittercity. I have never used it but I know people who have and they like it. Good luck. 
  • Options
    Ditto White House Nannies. I have two friends who are certified through them. They don't do full time nanny work but they do babysitting jobs on the weekends. They seem to attract a clientale that pays pretty well. They also provide services for corporate events. Like I have a dinner for work next month and WHN will be there for childcare.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto sittercity.com.  We are hunting for a new nanny, and that is where we have been pretty much exclusively looking.  Now I need to run off and check out the other websites you guys have posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"