Detroit Babies

1st Birthday/Family Pics Photog ?

Sooo...

I found this girls' blog and really love her work. But now, I'm looking around and happen to be finding that she is really kind of expensive compared to other places.

We have e-mailed a few times, and I feel like I really like her personality, etc. She is holding our day for us until a month before and I have to send in the session fee ASAP.

I'm just worried I'll overspend, but I love her work and her. Should I just suck it up, spend the extra $ because I'm going to love it, or go elsewhere for the same look and a lot more for the money???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: 1st Birthday/Family Pics Photog ?

• Our you willing to share the blog with us or the price so we can give advice as to it she is worth it?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I looked back at some past posts and she's been recommended by some girls here. That makes me feel better...

Her session fee is $175, but then you have to pay for a CD of pictures and you have to print them yourself or have her print them at an additional cost. I have seen others where they give you a print credit or no sitting fee or whatever. But, her rec's are SO good!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • IMO, she's on the expensive side.  But I've found pretty much all of those types of photographers are.  Yes, they do great work and they'll go to any location you choose, but the prices at a chain studio are just so much better.  You know: JCP, Sears, Target, Portrait-whatver-it's-called, ETC.  Someone I went to school with is a photographer and she's great and will come to you and go all over town if you want!  She's expensive, though.  She took newborn pics of Maia, but they were free because she was doing a project

:-)

• The price seems middle of the road.  There definitely are photographers who are a little cheaper, but I've seen some charge a lot more.  How much is the cd?  You can print pictures relatively cheap, so you'll save money there vs being forced to have the photographer print them.  IT's not like you are always splurging on expensive pictures, so splurging once really isn't that bad.  Better to go with a photographer you're excited about rather than settling.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well if it is the photographer I use. I am pretty sure it comes with a print credit of 100 which can be used towards the cost of the cd. So really it is a lot cheaper than going to a studio. Than you can print your on pictures a lot cheaper and get all of them and not just a couple posed shots.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • We did our newborn pics with our photographer and it was 150/75 (I can't remember) for the sitting fee.  Their work was AMAZING!  I cried when I saw the pictures but their prices are INSANE!  $22 for a 4x6!  we splurged and got some things, a book and a composite with 9 pictures but couldn't justify buying anyone else pictures. We decided only to do it for special occasions like a 1st birthday.  I think everyone deserves to splurge on great pictures once in awhile and it sort of sounds like if you don't you might regret it. 
  • I looked at the blog when you posted it on FB... I thought she was a little high for what she does. I have a couple gf's that do similar and are MUCH cheaper. But... if you really like her than it might be worth it.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"