Indiana Babies

what is wrong with me? (travel/work)

Over the past week, several work things have come up that could *possibly* take me back to China, France, and several places in the US later in the year.   Not to mention 3 trips to Omaha, 2 to Minneapolis and 12 trips to Naperville.  All of the last group would have to finished by July.

Two years ago I was ecstatic to get the opportunity to do something like this.  I knew that things would change a little bit when I had a child, but I didn't think I would lose the desire to travel all together.

Unless I can take Olivia, I don't want to go.  I need to adjust the attitude because I likely won't have a choice, but UGH.

Re: what is wrong with me? (travel/work)

• I can't imagine having to travel and be away from Emma. Is there any way you can take her with? Could you maybe hire someone to come and watch in her in the hotel while you're there? Or at least for the Naperville trips if they are overnight, maybe advertise in the area for someone to watch her, so at least its 12 less trips without her.

This is off topic but if you do get to take her to Naperville there is an amazing children's museum there

• imagejturn:

I can't imagine having to travel and be away from Emma. Is there any way you can take her with? Could you maybe hire someone to come and watch in her in the hotel while you're there? Or at least for the Naperville trips if they are overnight, maybe advertise in the area for someone to watch her, so at least its 12 less trips without her.

This is off topic but if you do get to take her to Naperville there is an amazing children's museum there

My mom is retired and can fly for free to most places (my sister is a flight attendant), so she can come with me to some things.  It's just really hard to work out without letting my colleagues on-site know about the situation.  With some clients (more family friendly environments) I'm fine with it, with others, it's a bit of an issue.

The Napervilles aren't as bad because I'm comfortable leaving later in the evening.  I really only miss one wake-up and one bedtime since she spends the rest of the day in daycare.  Plus I used to live in Chicago so I get to visit friends.  Twelve trips will get old, real quick, but I'm hoping we'll be able to put some of the days together to minimize the travel.

If I go to China, I would probably take both my husband and Olivia.  Jake was so jealous that he wasn't able to go the 1st time.  

Gah, sorry, I just needed to vent because they seem to be piling up this week.  I traveled almost every other week in 2008, then hardly any in 2009, so I was hoping that it might still be slow this year.

• Loading the player...
  • Um, nothing is wrong with you!

Two years ago I would have been ecstatic to have lots and lots of sex with my husband. I knew things would change a little bit when I had a child, but I didn't think I would lose the desire to boink altogether. 

;)

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • That would be so difficult :/
  • Having a baby changes EVERYTHING.  I know we've all heard that many times, but it's so very true.  Priorities shift and relationships need to be renegotiated, but I think you're totally normal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry buddy.  That is such a bummer. I'm glad to hear that you have the option to take her on a few of the trips though. 

Maya and I will come with you to China and we'll babysit Olivia during the day while you are working.  I mean, if I am going to stow away on your spring break PR trip, I might as well come to China too Wink

Sidenote: Is is weird that I would want to bring Maya but not Shawn?  Poor husband.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"