North Carolina Babies

Does any one have this gate?

We need a gate, like yesterday, so this (The First Years All Clear Swing Gate) is the one I am leaning towards for top and bottom of stairs. I like the way it looks, and that it expands so eventually we can use it in another type door frame. It gets excellent reviews on Amazon and One Step Ahead.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does any one have this gate?

• YES - we have 2 of these gates. One on our office door so I can still see them while I pop in to check email (like now) and one on Caroline's door to keep Brooks out when she was an infant. The gates work great at these locations.

I don't know that I would use one on the top of the stairs because they push out of the sockets really easily (for Brooks whose big/strong for his age) and I'd be worried about him pushing it in and falling down the stairs.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• My only concern with that is that I bet the plastic would get very scratched up. We have this one - but we're in a ranch and didn't need one to hardware mount.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • UNC-Is yours screwed into the wall? If we did it at the top of the stairs we would have to drill into the wall.
  • We have one like that, not sure if it's the same one or not, at the top of our stairs and it's worked well.  We screwed it into the wall on one side, and then mounted a board to the railing/banister whatever thingy, and screwed the hardware into that.  I can take pictures if you'd like so you can see what I'm talking about.
  • Ugg. Our neighbor gave us one that is like 8 years old and DH wants to use it. It is so ugly and I don't even know if it is safe anymore, so that puts the brakes on my fancy new gate buying, at least for now. I was hoping he had forgotten about it. I really want this one!!
  • imagedbertagni:
    UNC-Is yours screwed into the wall? If we did it at the top of the stairs we would have to drill into the wall.

Yes - both sides are screw mounted in the walls. Bit it still gives pretty easily IMO.

And the plastic doesn't really scratch as a PP was worried about -- it obviously gets very dirty from little hands on it, but doesn't really scratch much.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• I think you are supposed to hardware mount at the top of the stairs. We have this one at the top and this one at the bottom. The bottom of our stairs kind of fans out, and is wider than most gates would extend, which was frustrating. Both are hardware mounted, but we can completely remove the one at the bottom when not in use, very easily. I've been really pleased with them both. We had to use banister kits for both. GL!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• imageMrsHughesNC:

I think you are supposed to hardware mount at the top of the stairs. We have this one at the top and this one at the bottom. The bottom of our stairs kind of fans out, and is wider than most gates would extend, which was frustrating. Both are hardware mounted, but we can completely remove the one at the bottom when not in use, very easily. I've been really pleased with them both. We had to use banister kits for both. GL!

same here.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"