Blended Families
Options

...and it continues...

BM sent DH a text yesterday saying he can only talk to SS on Thursdays, unless it is otherwise convenient for her (aka, never). Oh, and before you ask, yes, Thursdays is the "guaranteed communication" day in the CO, so she is technically within her rights to do this. But why enforce it NOW, after 2 years of nightly phone calls?!

Because I am about to have a baby. I'm a big fat snoop, and went thru DH's phone to read their 2 hour text convo. Which basically amounts to her saying that DH only cares about me, and the new baby, otherwise we would move to be closer to SS. HELLO, we've been trying. DH cannot get a job down there to save his life! They live in a town of 1200 people, jobs are not exactly popping up all over the place! We would love to be closer to SS. Maybe not to HER, but whatever. He's still actively pursuing jobs, and we're crossing our fingers. We can't go down jobless though, because DH and SS both have chronic medical conditions that cannot afford a lapse in insurance benefits, unfortunately.

I just hate that she even for one second thinks that I come before SS in DH's life. And that this LO is somehow also more important. Not close to being true, and it just breaks my heart to think about it. And the guilt she was laying on was incredible. "Other kids Daddy's pick them up from daycare, and they ask P where HIS daddy is. He always says "my Daddy lives too far away..." and it just makes me so sad to hear him say that." Seriously? Even if we lived there... this is the daycare she WORKS at. And when we have visited, she has made it quite clear that no, we can't come by, because its where she works and its "not appropriate." Yuck.

And now she's saying we can only have him two weeks this summer, instead of the whole time. NOT true per CO, so if she really tries that on us, looks like things may get ugly again.

And just when I had started to think we were all going to get along.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ...and it continues...

• Options

Your BM sounds alot like mine. She doesn't want DH to take SS to his dr appointments because she works there. Now all the sudden after verbally agreeing to more time for the past 4 years she wants to go back to the original court order.

Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• Options

:( Things will get better as SS gets older... while she may control the telephone now, when your SS is old enough - he will be able to call whenever he wants.  So look at it that way - she knows that eventually she will loss control.

Im sorry that you are dealing with this :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, what a ***! How old is SS? Can you buy him a cell phone to keep in contact w/ you guys?
  • Options

What a bag!

BM used to always accuse DH of caring more about me than the kids...little did she know at the time he was building up his custody case.  Cared alot more about the kids than she thought-enough to fight for them until he won!  Did he care more about me than her...hell yeah.  More about me than the kids...hell no!  I wouldn't be with someone who didn't put thier kids 1st!!

DH used to get home from work and throw his phone to me.  We both got a kick out of going through the text conversations after the fact, plus all that got transcribed and saved for court.

Sorry you have to deal with her...she's a real gem!

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    Ugh, our BM is doing the same thing...saying now that DH has the kid he "really cares about" What? Said who? Oh, just BM. All comes from DH not being able to pick ss up day/time he was supposed to ONCE because DD was being born at that time...stupid BMs...(ours, not BMs in general!) sorry she's doing this. I hope it gets better
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"