Adoption

Pretty sure our agency thinks we lie...

We have been in the application process for awhile now and were really good about getting all of our papers back to our agency.  They are very nice and have been great so far about keeping us updated etc.  Well they let us know that they had not received DH's employer reference or one personal reference.  We contacted his employer and they indicated that they sent it about a week and a half ago.  We had gotten a different SW in a different office so the SW we were working with thought maybe that it was misplaced.  We had the employer send another and also email it to them.  The email the SW sent me today said that they received the employer reference today.  She made sure to indicate that it came in the envelope she provided them and was postmarked for the 24th not a week and a half ago like we had told her, because that is what we were told.  I replied back that I am glad that they received it etc. And didn't comment on anything else.

The employer told DH and I that they had sent it.  We have no control over when they send it or don't.  I feel a little miffed that maybe they thought we were lying about it.  Do you think I am overreacting?? Their opinion is of course important to me and I don't want them to think that we would lie about any of this.  Thanks for your opinons!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pretty sure our agency thinks we lie...

• She's probably not accusing you of lying. She is probably trying to CYA and make it clear she didn't lose it for a week. I would probably do the same if someone told me they mailed me something two weeks ago because I wouldn't want them to think I am incompetent or disorganized. It's not like you sent the reference so it's not like you have control over the postmark. I wouldn't worry about it. If there start to be veiled references to dishonesty in the future, well that's another story. But just on this one incident, I really think it's fine.
  • ITA with k-statebride.
  • Loading the player...
  • Relax and try not to overanalyze things. She's just keeping you in the loop.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I agree.  I think she just wanted you to know that the original just came in the mail, and let you know that it was your husband's employer who dropped the ball and fibbed about it.
  • I'm sure you are all correct!! Thanks for your help-I tend to freak out about little things sometimes and need someone to talk some sense into me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"