Secondary IF

Tell me what to do please

I emailed RE on Monday morning with a list of questions.  I wanted to know if we continue the same protocol next time, if we should check my tubes since my m/c and could my endo be causing problems, etc...

I haven't heard from him.  I called Tuesday afternoon and left a message and haven't gotten a return call or email.  DH says I should wait until middle of next week to try and contact him again.  I'm anxious and want to call again today.  Then again, I don't want to harass him.  I'm sure he's busy and I'm on a break anyway.

So, when should I call?

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise

Re: Tell me what to do please

• I would probably wait just a few more days.  He may not be in the office every day (he could be at surgery centers, or other offices).  He may also be very busy and trying to catch up on things.

However, is there a patient coordinator/nurse that you could talk to?  Do they recommend setting up a WTF appt.?

You practice sounds more close knit than mine, so i rarely have interaction with my RE.  My RE doesn't give out email information, so that is cool that yours does!

Hang in there.  If you really feel the need to call, just explain that you are just making sure that your email wasn't lost, etc. 

• I would wait until Monday. He may be busy. but a week is plenty of time to reply.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll wait until Monday to call.  Thanks for your opinions.  I don't want to be an RE stalker even though I kinda am. :P

I can call and speak directly to the nurse, so it's not like I have to leave a voicemail and wait and wait to get to someone.  I asked if I should set up an appt before I sent the email and they suggested to just write him and then we'd go from there.

He's really a sweetheart, but I have noticed a big difference in his practice from when we were TTC DD.  He used to call me on the same day with results from all the b/w.  Now the only call I get is for beta results.  I also don't feel like he's really trying to solve my issues this time around.  It's like he blindly moves forward without regard to my past history.

I have been thinking about shopping around, but it's hard to let go.

Wow, that's more than ya'll ever wanted to know. LOL :)

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Actually, i like to hear about other people's experiences with REs.  I remember feeling very distant to mine the first time around.  I never saw him once after the tranfer.  It seemed weird and we made a comment about it at our exit interview (they made us schedule an appt. with a patient coordinator to go over our experience).  

My DH feels like our practice is only concerned with making money....or taking our money as DH puts it.  However, they have the best stats around and are the closest.  I don't know if it would be feasible to swing one that was further away.

This time my RE didn't even do the ER/ET.  One of the other docs did. They did offer me an opportunity to schedule one of my last u/s with my Doc which was never an option before.....i guess others like me complained.

I actually form my bonds with the NPs......I guess that is all that 40K buys at my practice....LOL!  

• It wouldn't make me happy he waited an entire week to call me back.  I'd leave another message this afternoon.  Maybe leave it with a nurse?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am impatient about that lind of stuff, i feel like i am paying them to get me pregnant the most effective and quick way, so I'd keep calling or emailing until they get back to you! :)
  • Call him first thing on Monday!  You pay good money!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • imageLuckyH:

I'll wait until Monday to call.  Thanks for your opinions.  I don't want to be an RE stalker even though I kinda am. :P

I can call and speak directly to the nurse, so it's not like I have to leave a voicemail and wait and wait to get to someone.  I asked if I should set up an appt before I sent the email and they suggested to just write him and then we'd go from there.

He's really a sweetheart, but I have noticed a big difference in his practice from when we were TTC DD.  He used to call me on the same day with results from all the b/w.  Now the only call I get is for beta results.  I also don't feel like he's really trying to solve my issues this time around.  It's like he blindly moves forward without regard to my past history.

I have been thinking about shopping around, but it's hard to let go.

Wow, that's more than ya'll ever wanted to know. LOL :)

Yeah, I would be the same way you are.  I know what it is like to be attached to a dr.  but if it meant more attention and a more creative approach to your protocol it might be worth it to see who else is out there.  Maybe ask over on IF or SAIF to see if anyone lives in your area and has a recommendation.  A second opinion is always a good idea. 

As for the phone call issue...I would call Monday for sure.  Regardless, if you are on a break, it doesn't make anything in this process less stressful.  We all want and expect answers quickly.  You shouldn't have to wait a long time.

Whatever you decide, good luck hon.

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"