Attachment Parenting

Food Sensitivity Check In

This check in is for mamas who have had to restrict their diet due to food sensitivities in their LOs or themselves. This week's theme is anything goes. I'm low on creativity this week & need to get some actual work done today. :) So random tips, recipes, vents, etc. are welcome.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Food Sensitivity Check In

• I have a vent -- all the food related projects in kindergarten are going to give me an anxiety attack.  DD's teacher is usually really good but this week there were several food based lessons and I'm stressed out!  If we make it through this week without DD getting sick, I'll be amazed. 

• The only thing I can think is that all the snow we've been getting somehow makes me want ice cream even more. Oh dairy, how I miss thee....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think my LO is not liking Milk, Orange juice, cheese and Broocoli.

What's left to eat :( 

*vent over*

• Dear LO,

remember yesterday when you wouldn't sleep unless we went out for a walk in a foot of snow?  Well that was my lunch time, and I was hungry.  So I ate spinach pie because we were in Greektown and tried to convince myself that you might be ok with goat cheese.  Well, that's why you have eczema and a sore bum today and I am not taking responsibility for it.

with love,

your hungry mother.

PS I love this thread. 

• I'm going to vent! We're having a "reward" day for our students (don't even get me started on what the reward is for b/c that's a whole 'nother can of worms). I was chosen to supervise while the students watch a movie and get to eat pizza. Can you guess what part of that is irking me right now? I can't think of anything more torturous than walking into a room full of hot, yummy, cheesy pizza and not being able to have a single piece. GRR!
  • imageTonya_G:
    I'm going to vent! We're having a "reward" day for our students (don't even get me started on what the reward is for b/c that's a whole 'nother can of worms). I was chosen to supervise while the students watch a movie and get to eat pizza. Can you guess what part of that is irking me right now? I can't think of anything more torturous than walking into a room full of hot, yummy, cheesy pizza and not being able to have a single piece. GRR!

I got a mailer from Pizza Hut this week & almost cried. I don't even care for Pizza Hut, but pizza was one of my favorite foods. It was also an easy thing to fill in a dinner if DH was too slammed with school/me with work to cook.

Heck, we can't eat out at all anymore, & everything has to be made from scratch. Lunch & dinner cooking is the new part time job in our house.  

• imagecubits:

Dear LO,

remember yesterday when you wouldn't sleep unless we went out for a walk in a foot of snow?  Well that was my lunch time, and I was hungry.  So I ate spinach pie because we were in Greektown and tried to convince myself that you might be ok with goat cheese.  Well, that's why you have eczema and a sore bum today and I am not taking responsibility for it.

with love,

your hungry mother.

PS I love this thread. 

Mmm... spanikopita. It might not have been the feta though, honestly- there is butter inbetween the layers of phyllo dough. It could have been the butter. :) Blame the butter. I'm so grateful Lily seems to be able to handle goat cheese- I've had it several times w/out a reaction.

• imageTonya_G:
    imagecubits:

Dear LO,

with love,

your hungry mother.

PS I love this thread. 

Mmm... spanikopita. It might not have been the feta though, honestly- there is butter inbetween the layers of phyllo dough. It could have been the butter. :) Blame the butter. I'm so grateful Lily seems to be able to handle goat cheese- I've had it several times w/out a reaction.

Damn Butter!!! 

• vent from me too: DD's preschool is celebrating purim today, and all the kids are having these special cookies that are a traditional thing on this holiday. it is really bothering me.

ok, we aren't jewish and don't celebrate purim at home, so it isn't a big deal for her to miss out on the traditional cookie, right? and i wouldn't want her eating cookies at 10 months even if she COULD have gluten, right?

but it still sucks. this is the first in a lifetime of events where everyone else gets something and she doesn't. kids don't want to be different and left out and have to eat the "special" food. kids just want what everyone else is eating. i know i can bake her the yummy GF treats and nobody will know the difference and it will all be fine, but it still sucks. i didn't want this for her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"