Georgia Babies

Couples Breastfeeding Class

So some of our good friends are preggo and they signed up for the couples breastfeeding class.

The wife got stuck at work and then at traffic so her DH had to do the class by himself.  Good for him.  But I about peed my pants reading all his FB status updates.  He felt UBER uncomfortable.

Re: Couples Breastfeeding Class

• That was really sweet of him to go!!  LOL
  • LOL!!!  There is no way DH would have done it alone- so good for him!  Honestly, I really think I already knew all I needed to know about BF just from the nest and reading "So That's What They're For."  So to me, the class was more for his benefit that mine.  But there is no way he would have done it alone.  NO WAY.

• Loading the player...
  • My DH was ALL ABOUT the breastfeeding and I can see him jumping right in to participate.  I don't think it would have occurred to him to be uncomfortable.  He took me to my first LC appt and asked tons of questions and was supportive of me all the way and told me he didn't care how long I wanted to BF.  He has REALLY strong feelings about BFing and will tell anybody who will listen his thoughts...which are not always sensitive to formula feeders.
  • LOL!  DH went with me to the class, but there's no way he would have gone without me.  He was a HUGE support for me those first few weeks, though, so I'm glad we went.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • My husband went with me too and only felt uncomfortable when the LC dismissed some of his questions as silly. Can't remember what they were now, but at the time I thought they were legit. Plus, it sort of sucked that she made my DH, who obviously wanted to be involved and supportive, feel silly.

Still, I'm a big supporter of the classes. More than anything it helped that he was prepared for those first few weeks. It was a roller coaster, for sure, and he was right there with my the entire time.

• What a champ!  I think that's great.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow! Rockstar Dad! My husband would have never gone by himself! He didn't even go with me!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DH was very into helping me with BF'ing but I doubt he would have gone to a class like that by himself. Not in a million years.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Brave husband.  DH and I are going to our couples class this weekend.  He keeps trying to forget the date and plan other activities.  He is all for breastfeeding, but the couples class must be making him nervous.  LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a trooper.  My DH wouldn't even go to the child birthing classes with me, so I didn't even bring up a BF class.  It's not that he's not supportive, but he really just looks at it like it's my decision because it's my body.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"