Blended Families
Options

BM wants to see baby.

I got a nice bonus this month (thank heavens) and we decided while I'm still on maternity leave and DH is still unemployed we take a trip to see his family.  We've have not been back since we moved 2 1/2 years ago, DH misses his family, his mother has been a PITA about seeing the baby, and we want to see his grandmother because her health is failing. I adore her and want her to see her great grandbaby. So we're leaving next week.

SD's excited and she and DH have talking a lot the past couple of days since we told her.  She tells DH yesterday that her mom wants to see the baby. LOL!

Yeah right lady...if your daughter was still a child, we still did visitation and were still immersed in all that crap, I'd have no issue, but your daughter is an adult. You no longer have control or the ability to manipulate DH anymore. We never had and never will have a pleasant relationship with you.  There is absolutely no reason for you to see our child or why we should make any attempt to set something  up or go out of our way for you to do so. 

I told DH that I don't think that we should make any effort to arrange this and if for whatever reason it just so happens that BM does see the baby, I can not be held accountable for what I may or may not say to BM. 

BM was very critical of DH and I having a baby "at our age", and I just find it ridiculous that she can say the things she did, and then want to see the baby. Noseyassbitch.  That's all it is. NOSEYINESS. No doubt fed by some jealousy. 

Re: BM wants to see baby.

• Options

Uh yeah. I would be making sure she doesn't have access to my child - all the issues she's caused/drama, etc - how in her right mind can she even fathom you'd be ok with making plans for HER to see your baby?? Jealous and nosy are the only things that come to mind.

What a nut job.

• Options
    What a weirdo.. she is totally jealous of your sweet lil baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageflippy1234:
    What a weirdo.. she is totally jealous of your sweet lil baby

Yeah this!  I agree with you, no way does she need to see ANY of you much less your LO!

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    ITA with you.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    Uhhhh.... wackadoo!!!!
  • Options
    Agreed.  No way would I allow it.  Your relationship with her is done - your SD is an adult.  I would not even entertain this idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She's just trying to be nosey. I wouldn't even bother with another thought about this. At some point I'm sure she'll see a picture or something if your SD has them somewhere. That is enough to satisfy her curiousity.
  • Options
    I agree, shes definately trying to be nosy. I told my DH that BM of my 2 skids would never see our baby...its just weird, she has no connection to them, unlike the skids do.
  • Options
    Yeah, I would find it hard not to say something to her that would probably hurt SD, like "after how much you screwed up as a Mom you have no right to be interested in babies!"
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    I'm sure she's already seen pics. SD got a baby announcement and a few pictures last week.  I will have to have a little talk with DH to ensure this does not happen.
  • Options

After all... we've only seen 1 pic of Megan :)  Surely we have more stock than BM!!! haha.

Yes j+k... that is a hint :) haha.  Post pics!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

posting pics are a pain in the ass!  I hate having ot use a photo site because I normally don't use one. So I have save it there....to post it here....

Unless someone knows of an easier way...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"