Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

When to stop using sleep sack?

Our 6.5 month old sleeps in a sleep sack.  I noticed that she's actually probably outgrown a few of ours, and it made me realize that there may be a point where it's inappropriate to use one. 

When did you stop using one, and what did you replace it with (if anything)?

TIA!

Re: When to stop using sleep sack?

• Options
    My seven month old sleeps in her sleep sack sometimes and with a half-swaddle (sort of) other times. She recently got a new sleep sack that she will probably fit in nicely for quite a while...I don't know when she is "supposed" to sleep another way...
  • Options
    My 10.5 mo old still sleeps in Halo sleep sacks, he loves them.  He can stand up and in them and cruise around the crib no problem even.  I plan on buying them in the next size up also because I am not ready to put blankets in his crib yet and even if I did, there is no way he would stay covered up, he moves around way to much in his sleep.  I see no harm in continuing to use them, he likes them and I rest assured knowing he won't get cold at night.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We still use sleep sacks. I plan to size up to the Halos when she outgrows her current Carter's 0-9 month sacks.
  • Options
    We love the sleep sacks. My Dh is an internet junky and won't let us have any sheets in the bed. We currently use medium sleep sacks.  We plan on continuing with them as long as DD lets us.
  • Options
    Hmm DS still sleeps in his but I would think until it impedes their crawling/walking abilities. 
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Options
    My son sleeps in his sleep sack, it's the only way he will STTN (he will wake up after a few hours if he is not wearing it). I did buy the largest size (for babies) as I didn't want to buy a new one in a month or two and he is able to stand up & "walk" around) in is bed with no troubles.
  • Options
    DS outgrew his around 6 months.  We were using the Carter's ones.  We bought some 12 month fleece pjs and they work great.  I LOVED the sleep bags but now that we are using the fleece pjs, I prefer them.
  • Options
    My one year old (in two days...) sleeps in his halo sleep sack and will until the weather warms up (probably like May).  We'll probably do a blanket next winter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS still sleeps in his and he is 11 months old.  I just bought the extra large size for him a week ago.  He has no problem walking or crawling around his crib in them. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD still uses one at night.  It gets cold up here and I don't want to put a ton of blankets in her crib.  We usually do pajamas, a sleep sack, and one blanket that sort of swaddles her.
  • Options
    We stopped using the sleep sack as soon as she could roll over. I just wasn't comfortable with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"