Connecticut Babies
Options

UConn Center For Reproductive Services

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with UConn's Center for Reproductive Services. My husband and I have been experiencing secondary IF and have been TTC since September 2007.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Re: UConn Center For Reproductive Services

• Options
    I have heard nothing but positive feedback from them.  I consulted with Dr. Nulsen and he was very experienced, knowledgable and ambitious.  They provide a wealth of information and are very supportive.  I had many questions and concerns and they were answered after a brief time.  I two weeks pregnant :)! I got married in 2006 and was not avoiding it.
  • Options

Oooops, think I'm already experiencing preggo brain, LOL. I am 12 weeks pregnant. My husband's laptop is weird... sorry for the confusion!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    We also went to CARS (Center for Advanced Reproductive Services-UCONN) and met with Dr. Nulson.  He is great.  We had been ttc for 4 years and after some mixed test results and a mc we were ready to be aggressive (my husband is only 31 and I was 29).  Dr. Nulson went over all of our options with us and wanted to re-run all of the tests, and since we had to do it for my next cycle, he recommended using an Ovulation predictor kit (i had been refusing to use one becuase i thought it would make me crazy like bbt).  We got pregnant 2 weeks after the appointment!  We are now 23 weeks.  Dr. Schmidt also came highly recommended.  Friends of ours also went to CARS and they have beautiful twin girls (1 cycle IVF) that will be 1 in June--they loved their experience there.  I hope that helps and if you have any more questions please post back!
    Emilee-32, DH Rob-33, married 7-23-05, Miranda Crossing 7-8-10, waiting on our little Pierogi!
  • Options

Thanks for the information. I actually just got back in from getting an OPK. I just got back into my charting a couple of months of ago because I as also going crazy. So we'll see if this works.

Congrats on our pregnancy!

• Options
    We went to the UCONN center and had Dr. Benadiva. After trying several different med combos we were successful with IVF. We are so grateful to him. He never gave up! We now have beautiful twin girls thanks to him!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    One of my SILs and DH's cousins go/went there and they have had nothing but good things to say about the doctors there.  Both ladies have beautiful 1year olds now and are actually both expecting their second babies after treatments. 
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    Yes I went to Uconn and they are wonderful.  I saw Dr. Schmidt there and as you can see I know have my triplets.  Good luck!
  • Options

I've also heard wonderful things about UCONN, but I guess I was the odd one out on that.  Can't be perfect I guess right?!

I had a pretty good experience at Yale though, I'm not sure where you are located but I'm guessing UCONN is closer since you are asking about them!  GL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
  • Options

I love them. They have helped me so much thru my fertility issues. Dr Nulsen is my dr. everyone there at farmington location are fantastic. I honestly cannot think of one bad experience.

good luck

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I went there for my 2nd IUI, and was planning to go to them when we began persuing IVF, but they were over an hour away.  We found RMA, which was closer to home for my IVF cycle.  But, my experience at CARS was positive.  They were friendly and knowledgeable and I would have used them if I hadn't found someone closer.

Good luck to you!

BFP 12/5/07: Natural MC 12/23/07. ? MFI:20% motility, 2% morph. ? IUI 7/08 BFN, ? 50mg Clomid IUI 11/08 BFN,? Femara, Menopur,Ovidrel B2BIUI 4/09 BFN, ? IVF with ICSI #1: ER 5/20, ET 5/23. Beta 6/3: 121, Beta 6/5: 369 Beautiful Baby Girl born 2/22/10. ? BFP 2/9/11: HB at 7 Weeks, No HB at 10 Weeks. D&C 3/22/11 ? MTHFR diagnosed ? BFP 6/22/11 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Wonderful group of doctors, nurses, OR nurses.  We are FOREVER grateful for Dr. S!!!  We plan on bringing DS to see him on his 1st birthday.  GL to you!!

Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options

They are TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The doctors are all amazing within unbelievable success rates. they treat you with such dignity, sensitivity and respect! The nurses are awesome! You have your nurse's number and can contact her and leave voice mails which are immediately returned! Even for the smallest questions!

I HIGHLY recommend it! :) GOOD LUCK

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"