3rd Trimester

Cervidil was most painful part...

When I was induced with DS they inserted cervidil to get me going.  The nurse told me this was going to be the worst internal I'd get so I was expecting some pain but OH. MY. GOSH.  It literally felt she was jamming a jagged knife up me.  She kept saying my cervix was so high that it was hard to reach.  I was literally having to focus in order not to keep moving away from her.  When she finally got it in and took off her gloves I noticed she had long fingernails!  WTH?!  So now I'm wondering if all cervidils hurt like that or if it was just this woman's nails that were slicing up my insides...  The cervidil was worse than any contraction I experienced (although I only had about 40 minutes of level 7-8 on the scale contractions before the epi).  Did it hurt like this for you??  I'm starting to sweat just thinking about possibly having to go through that again...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Cervidil was most painful part...

• It just felt like an uncomfortable internal for me. It wasn't as bad as you described.

It could have been the woman's nails or that your cervix was still high or hard to reach.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Never had cervidil...BUT I will tell you this..after one VERY painful..and bloody(tmi sorry) internal I now check for nails everytime.  I was totally disgusted when this nurse finally stopped the torture ..pulled out of me and one of her nails was poking through her glove.  I would complain because that is just nasty to me...same as if they have acrylics....N A S T Y.  And very painful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageInLove16:
    When I was induced with DS they inserted cervidil to get me going.  The nurse told me this was going to be the worst internal I'd get so I was expecting some pain but OH. MY. GOSH.  It literally felt she was jamming a jagged knife up me.  She kept saying my cervix was so high that it was hard to reach.  I was literally having to focus in order not to keep moving away from her.  When she finally got it in and took off her gloves I noticed she had long fingernails!  WTH?!  So now I'm wondering if all cervidils hurt like that or if it was just this woman's nails that were slicing up my insides...  The cervidil was worse than any contraction I experienced (although I only had about 40 minutes of level 7-8 on the scale contractions before the epi).  Did it hurt like this for you??  I'm starting to sweat just thinking about possibly having to go through that again...

Just had mine literally 2 hours ago and no it didn't hurt like a bad internal. Then again my doc claims to have small fingers. I have a cervix that is really far back too, but it just felt like a lot of pressure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

• They said it would stay in for 12 hours to help ripen my cervix but my water ended up breaking at around 2:30 am (put it in at 7pm).  Not sure if that was from the cervidil though or not...  It sounded like the nurses were surprised my water broke, like cervidil wasn't necessarily supposed to help with that but honestly, I don't know.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I thought it also hurt a lot when they put the cervidil in. But I thought all of my internals hurt too, this was worse though. I got mine around 9:30 pm and it sent me into labor by 3 am. I was already 2 cm dilated and 90% effaced before they started cervidil. Barely took any pitosin, I think they may have stopped pitosin at one point b/c I was moving so fast on my own.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageacaudill042106:
    Never had cervidil...BUT I will tell you this..after one VERY painful..and bloody(tmi sorry) internal I now check for nails everytime.  I was totally disgusted when this nurse finally stopped the torture ..pulled out of me and one of her nails was poking through her glove.  I would complain because that is just nasty to me...same as if they have acrylics....N A S T Y.  And very painful.

:::jaw on floor:::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"