TTC after 35
Options

when do you POAS after IUI?

Nurse who did the IUI said that I should POAS on the day that I would expect my period.  WTH!   That would be 17 days post IUI. I will have gone clinically insane by that point.   I thought that HPTs detected beta levels as low as 25. 
My plan is to do the deed 12 days post IUI.  That would be 14 days post ovidrel trigger.  Is this reasonable?  

When do you all POAS? 

Re: when do you POAS after IUI?

• Options
    That's the day my clinic has you POAS (12 dpiui). Good Luck!!!!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options
    I think that's reasonable.  I will probably do the same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My RE says the same thing. It's because they deal with people who have no clue when they o'. So they use an outside number.

I poas at 12 or 13 I think.

• Options
    I think I am the only person that doesn't POAS after an IUI.  I go back to the RE 14 days after and have b/w and wait for the call back that day.  It's part of the "IUI Package" since I'm paying out of pocket I want to be sure plus get my $$$ worth!  then I go back 2 days later to check the beta levels.
  • Options
    Like Jdeats, my RE has you come back for Beta on Day 14.  I'm not a big fan of POAS, even with IUI. 
  • Options
    I did it 12 days after IUI (14 after trigger) and then followed up with a digital the next morning and the bloodwork on Day 15.  My husband was going a bit nuts waiting.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"