Infertility

Antagonist girls - when did you start Ganirelix?

I have stimmed for just 3 days so far, today I went for an ultrasound and they said the follicles are starting to grow but that it's still early...the measurements were in the 8-9 range.  They called tonight and told me to start my Ganirelix and I was surprised. I thought it would be another couple days. 

So just wondering, how many days did you stim for before you started the Ganirelix and how soon after was your ER? Did you do Ganirelix the night of the trigger shot and the following night? I only have 5 doses.

Thanks girls!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: Antagonist girls - when did you start Ganirelix?

• Both times I started around day 5 of stimming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor uses the antagonist slightly differently than most protocols. I started on a half dose 4 days before stims and continued until the day of trigger to curb the production of LH from the beginning of the cycle.  So 5 boxes of Ganirelix was actually good for 10 doses.
  • Loading the player...
  • I started Ganirelix on Monday morning which was day 6 of stims.  Haven't had my ER yet, it'll be Sunday at the earliest, so I can't answer your other question.  I'm curious too though! 
  • I started it around day 9 and used it for about 3 days.  Once I stopped the stims, I stopped the Ganirelix too.
  • Both times on day 5.

IVF #1 ER was after 8 days of stims and IVF #2 ER was after 9 days.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone for the responses, it seems really early to start on day 4 of stims because I'm on low stim doses, but I'm sure they know what they're doing!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I can't remember what day I started the ganirelix, maybe around day 6?

I took the last dose at the same time I did the trigger.

• I stimmed for 11 days.  I took Ganirelix from day 4 to day 11 of stimming.  I did have to order more.
  • imagesmilee:
    Both times I started around day 5 of stimming.

This. I stimmed for 14 days. I was on low doses due to my PCOS and trying to prevent OHSS. I was a slow responder. GL!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • My RE starts me before stims.  I overlap with BCP and cont Ganirelex until ER.
    Feb 2010 - IVF #1 BFP, miscarriage with D&C April 2010 - IVF #2 BFN June 2010 - IVF #3 BFP, Baby girl born March 2011 Oct 2011 - Natural BFP, D&C Dec Jan 2012 - back to RE
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"