Baby Showers
Options

If you are planning..

or had a babyshower. At what time are you guys aiming for it to begin or at what time did you put down. My cousin and I are planning my sil baby shower for my third nephew. She's in it because she didn't want any surprises. It's going to be on a Saturday around 8pm. IMO I wouldve like to go for maybe 630 or 7 but that's up to her. I didn't know it was kind of stressful with trying to find a hall rental ( btw do you guys have any suggestion on where I can find something? Thanks.) and getting decorations. I am SUPER excited because we did a diaper cake in advanced from scratch and it came out beautiful! And only spent 15 dollars! Thanks for your input!

Re: If you are planning..

• Options
    Yeah, 8:00 seems kinda late. But if it is very small and most are young women who like to stay out late, it could work. It all depends on the guest demographic. But, where I come from, people have Sunday or Saturday afternoon showers from 2:00-4:00 at a family member's house or at church (very low cost- and we usually have about 40 people at our showers).
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options

I prefer mid morning showers --- brunch style.  The last one I hosted began at 10:00 and was done by noon.  Worked out well for everyone!

An early afternoon shower (1pm - 3 pm) is stuck in the middle of the day and its tough to do anything before or after. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, exactly! But where I come from it's completely the opposites. If it were mines I would do on a Sunday afternoon. But we're having around 100 people and we're spanish which is usually just tradition for parties to start late but I just personally think it's too late. I can't do anything about it tho. I just want to see at what time usually people have theirs.
  • Options
    My SIL would have a fit if hers started let's say around 2 or 3pm, lol. She was having a fit when I told her 6!! lol
  • Options

Yeah, 8 seems late.  It's too bad your SIL won't change, she'll probably have people not come because of the time.

Have you tried calling apartment complexes and asking to rent their clubhouses?  They usually have rental fees, but some are really lovely and can be reasonable on fees.

• Options

imagejiffy-pop:
    Yeah, 8:00 seems kinda late. But if it is very small and most are young women who like to stay out late, it could work. It all depends on the guest demographic. But, where I come from, people have Sunday or Saturday afternoon showers from 2:00-4:00 at a family member's house or at church (very low cost- and we usually have about 40 people at our showers).

THIS

Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    8pm does seem really late, but ask SIL if she minds if it's a little earlier. One of the other posts said that it depends on if the ppl invited are out late and that's a good thing to consider. You may want to ask SIL if the guests she's inviting are like this. BTW, that's really cool about the diaper cake.
  • Options

imageCJ119:
    My SIL would have a fit if hers started let's say around 2 or 3pm, lol. She was having a fit when I told her 6!! lol

Well because you are Spanish I am going to say tell everyone that it starts at 6 pm so that they show up at 8pm. You know we are NEVER on time. To anything. EVER. You might end up with some people who show up around 7:30 if you say 6 but if you say 8 pm - then people are going to show at 9/10. That is just the way it is.

For decorations it really just depends on what theme you are going for. Oriental Trading has cute things at really good prices.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This seems late to me. It's a baby shower not cocktail hour.Drinks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow that's late-- I would be asleep by then!
  • Options

Oh my! I go to bed at 9, so that wouldn't work for me at all! But if she wants it that late...

We start ours at 3 (sat) but only because we usually have big bbq type events where people hang out for a while, its not just a two or three hour thing. Otherwise we would start it earlier. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"