Baby Showers

Slow RSVPs

Happy Thursday. Seeing anyone else has been facing the slow RSVP phenomenon.  I usually RSVP the second I get an invite.  For my shower, I have about 7 close friends that haven't RSVPed yet and the deadline is this weekend.  Seeing if anyone else faced this in RSVP land.  Thanks!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Slow RSVPs

• Some people won't RSVP at all. I guess a lot of people think that if they are close enough to you, you will assume they are coming and therefore are not required to RSVP.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • sadly - that's the norm these days.  someone may have to follow up with the friends BUT wait until after the deadline to do so. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We had many people that never rsvp'd.  Its aggravating as hell, but something you just have to deal with
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you're close to them, just call or email and ask.  Better than stressing about it.
  • Thanks all for your advice.  Think my shower hostesses are going to do call downs this weekend.  So, hopefully it won't be just me and my Mom as a shower guest (just kidding by the way).
  • I think you are in the minority & so am I when it comes to quick RSVPs when we receive an invite.  I have planned many showers & lots of people just don't RSVP period.  It's weird to me.  But to answer your question hardly anyone has RSVP'd to my shower so far.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I threw a shower two weekends ago and out of 55 invitees, we only had 20 RSVP. There were 15-20 no shows which really ticked me off since we had prepared food, favors, etc. as if they were all coming. It really isn't that hard to call/email people! Angry
  • Nobody has rsvp'd to my shower which is next weekend.  I had a few friends say they're coming, and my mil and one sil, but that's it.As my sister told me though, people just don't rsvp anymore.  It really stinks!  BTW, I had a dream it was just me and my sister at my shower.  LOL 
  • I always RSVP right away otherwise I will forget. When I gave the list of addresses and names to the host of my shower I made sure to include the phone numbers. I know my sister called a few people who had not responded prior to the RSVP date on the invite. They were only a few people who didn't respond thankfully
  • Yes!  I am throwing my friend's shower which is in 2 wks and I have only had 2 rsvp's out of about 35.  I don't know what people are waiting for!
  • Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this:( I'm hosting a shower in 2 weeks and have only gotten a few rsvps. Stinks when you're the hostess b/c you're the one paying for everyone, and to not have an accurate head count for food and drinks, etc., is super annoying!
  • Some people just don't know what RSVP means or they are just disrespectful of other people's time and money.  If your shower is this week-end I would have called the non-RSVP'ers by now.  What was the deadline for RSVPing?  Your hostess will want to know how many to plan for...chairs, food, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"