Preemies

Synagis Question

Is anyone's LO getting a synagis shot in March?  We were just told that our February shot was our last one. I was just curious if that is normal or if I should fight to get one in March. 

Re: Synagis Question

• It depends on when RSV season is in your area.  DS just got his shots today (so he got them in February, but they will cover him through March), and the nurse said he would get two more (so covered through the end of May).  

I would ask your pedi's office if other kids are getting Synagis next month or if no one is getting it.  If other kids are getting it but your insurance company is refusing, then it might be worth fighting it. 

• I think it depends on where you live.  We are in MA and rsv season goes to may 1 so we  are getting one in April I think that it will be our last.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in chicago but I am not sure when RSV season is over here.  When my doctor found out he wasn't getting one in March she questioned it saying other kids have gotten it through March before and she was going to look into it. 
  • I thought our next one on March 1 would be our last one but the nurse said that it depends on the season. She said they will tell me how bad RSV still is at the end of March. I'm paraphrasing bc I can't quite remember how she worded it.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• I'm in Maryland, LO is getting her last synagis shot in March. Like pp I believe it depends on the area.

• We are and I think we might get one in early April but I'd have to check the schedule.  
  • We live in NJ.  When Claire was younger and received Synagis, she got her shots through April and last year Keira got her's through April as well.  I assume that will be the case this year for Keira too.  We already have our appt for March scheduled.
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Also in NJ and we are getting a March shot but not sure about April. The pedi said it can vary year by year as to when they stop them. 
  • We get one in March - we live in Indiana.
  • We're getting March, but April is in question.
  • Thanks I will have to look into it more maybe it's an insurance issue.

• In MN it goes until May 1, so we're getting a March and an April shot.
    BFP #1: 10/22/07; 12/12/07 - Missed m/c discovered, 12/13/07 - d&c
    BFP #2: 9/25/08; 10/27/08 - Blighted ovum discovered, 11/5/08 - b/o confirmed
    BFP #3: 1/19/09 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4: 2/12/09; EDD 10/26/09 - Richie born on 9/4/09 at 4 pounds, 10 ounces
    BFP #5: 5/27/11; EDD 2/4/12 - Sylvia is on her way!
    My Blog Attempt
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was born on February 5th and got it on the 14th...  He'll get another one in mid-March (paid for by us) and that will be it.  They told us in the NICU that since he'll be covered through mid-April, that would be fine.
  • March 1 is her last one (getting them since November 1).  We live in NY.
  • imageRachel&Joe:
    March 1 is her last one (getting them since November 1).  We live in NY.
    This
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"