Central Florida Babies

Win a Bestever Baby Mat from Giggles & Coos

Enter to win one of these adorable Bestever baby mats from Giggles & Coos in DeLand. Simply share the best piece of advice you've received for getting through pregnancy or adjusting to life with a new baby.  Post it below and you'll be entered!

Full Sweepstakes Rules.

Please make sure your contact information is up to date so we can get in touch with you if you win!

Re: Win a Bestever Baby Mat from Giggles & Coos

• sleep when baby sleeps

• Housework can wait. Babies are only little once.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Loading the player...
  • The best advice I have heard/can give is this.  Don't try to be supermom and do it all by yourself.  Although your DH/MIL/SIL...whomever...may not do it the same way as you, they can still do it.  Let them have a chance to fulfill baby's needs and build their own bond with the baby.
  • During pregnancy-  I've been told, listen to your body.  If you think you need to call your doctor, then call them.  If it's nothing then at least you called or got checked out.  If you don't, you will just worry and make yourself sick. 
  • Not a mom yet, but having been through 1 and 2 trimester, I have found that Zofran can be your best friend. If you are not feeling well, don't hesitate to relax and rest. Its ok to take a sick day off from work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The best advice I was given was "don't give up on breastfeeding." No matter how hard it is that first week, no matter how painful, stick with it. I made it thru the first week after Hayden was born, by seeing a Lactation consultant. She taught me so much valuable information on breastfeeding and it has become one my favorite things about  being a new mom. Sticking with breastfeeding was so worth it!!

• Happy baby=Happy mama...so let the dishes sit in the sink, the dust bunnies hide behind the couch, and order take out...spend time with baby and ignore the rest :)

I should say DH isn't too fond of this but I love it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Let them help you, you cant do it all by yourself!
  • Savor every moment of your pregnancy.  Things change so quickly from day to day.  Even if you're nauseous, or uncomfortable, or whatever...just think about the amazing thing that's happening inside you and you can get through it.
  • Don't sweat the small stuff.  Happy Mother = Happy Baby.  If Breastfeeding does not work out for you, that is totally ok...don't beat yourself up about it.

Also, your child will eat when they are hungry and if they end up eating off the floor, that's ok too:)

• Don't try to be a supermom.  Tell your husband how he can help rather than expect him to know when you need help and how he can help.
  • The best advice I received was, rely on your own instincts and feelings and not totally on others advice, you'll know your baby better than anyone, and it has been so true!
  • I am not very far along yet, but the best advice I have received is to remain optimistic. Avoiding stress is good for the mother and the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Prepare yourself to accept help in the weeks following the baby's birth.  You can't do it all! 
  • Take it one day at a time, and enjoy it all, even the not so pleasant stuff, because you'll be amazed how quickly they are all grown up!
    Mom to 3 wonderful Free Birthed kiddos
  • The best piece of advice I've gotten in my pregnancy has been to listen to my body. I've been more in-tune with when to stop walking (tired), etc because of this baby. I used to over exhaust myself working out before. Now a leisurely walk is just fine and dandy with me. 
  • During pregnancy and now with my little one probably the best piece of advice is that everything else can wait...listen to your body and take care of yourself.  While pregnant there were days that I was really exhausted, but laundry, dishes, etc. were waiting and I just let them sit...one more day (or 2) weren't going to make the world come to an end.

And now with DS, I do the same thing.  Spending time with him just cuddling and playing is way more important than any household chore. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Vaseline on the toosh!  It was a miracle while at the hospital and we don't have a diaper change without it!!  I never thought advice regarding the bum would be so helpful!  Thank you nurses at Holy Cross!! Smile
  • Best advice for me so far: don't freak out when they make a mess or get in to something...grab the camera and take a picture instead!

It's helped me to stop and laugh in the moment instead of freaking out about my freshly mopped floors getting all dirty again, or whatever else.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your own mommy instinct is the strongest and best advice you can listen too
  • Don't feel pressured to go back to work after baby is born.  Lifestyles can always be adjusted to allow for less income and it's so important to be there for your child and all of baby's firsts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"