Two Under 2

? for those who were BF when you got preg/TTC #2

DH and I are hoping to get 2 under 2.  We plan on TTC in May.  Because of BF though, I'm worried I might not get AF.  Were you getting regular AF when you got pregnant with #2?  Any advice would be great!  TIA
www.mvstephenson.wordpress.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ? for those who were BF when you got preg/TTC #2

• I had 2 periods before I got pregnant that weren't very regular while I was still BF.  I would reccommend buying those ovulation predictor tests to see if you are even ovulating and go from there.
  • I was EBFing and got my period three times and then surprise =-).  Above PP sounds like a good idea though.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was very regular every month the entire time that I BF.  But when I got my BFP my milk dried up around 6 weeks.

• Yes, had regular AF both times.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I had 1 AF at 8m and then got PG at 9m.
  • I never got a PP AF, I ended up getting pregnant when DD was about 9 1/2 months old.
  • got af 10 months pp and got ku 12 months pp

we weren't trying until that 12th month though. 

Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • I got AF at 4 months pp, then had two periods, then BFP two weeks ago. I have been EBF with pumping when I work (part time) Little one never slept through the night really either. Some say when you stop night feedings you begin to ovulate again, clearly it can be any time! I think the ovulation sticks are a good idea too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my first (and only) pp period at 10 months.  I assumed that my cycle would have been regular and that we conceived two weeks after my period, but we had an early ultrasound and according to that, we conceived three weeks after my period, so my cycle would have been 5 weeks (instead of the usual 4 weeks).  Hope that makes sense!  If you're actually trying to get pregnant, an ovulation predictor kit would be a good idea like a PPer suggested.  Or just have lots of sex.  Wink
  • I got one AF while BF at 9 mo.  I got pg the next cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I BF and found out I was pregnant when DD was 8 months.  I had some spotting which only lasted 2 days then next month I found out I was pregnant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had one pp AF at 6mo and then got KU the 7th mo. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope but I had just stopped overnight feeding. I got pg on what would have been my first cycle.
  • I had 2 pretty regular periods before I got pregnant- DS was 10 months old.  My OB said that if I wanted to get pregnant that I should stop EBF.  He said the chances were very slim that I would get preg.  Surprise!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemc0226:
    I had 2 periods before I got pregnant that weren't very regular while I was still BF.  I would reccommend buying those ovulation predictor tests to see if you are even ovulating and go from there.

Ditti to this!  I thought with breastfeeding that it would be a while till I we could TTC, but after only two months AF came back.  I think Ovulation predictors are a good start.  I know MANY women who can't get pregnant till they have finished BFing, so you may be one.

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"