Trying to Get Pregnant

+OPK and Temp Rise on same day?

So I have been using OPK's for the past 2 weeks seeing if I can get a positive one. I am using the internet cheapies. I think I did get one the other day (it was the closest it has every been to being the same color as the test line) but it was also the same day that I had a temp spike. I had a negative OPK the prior day. My CM was not the most fertile, but it is becoming more fertile (2 days after the temp rise and +opk).

It was always my understanding that your temp rose AFTER you ovulated, and OPK's were positive 24-48 hours before you ovulated. Can this mean that I did ovulate or am I just weird?!?!

TIA

Tricia

Re: +OPK and Temp Rise on same day?

• BLAH BLAH BLAH back

I chart on paper, so I can give you the numbers you want.  I have had 11 negative OPK's with my temps around 97.3-97.41

I got a positive (or what I would assume is a positive, since it is the closest to the same color I can have) 2 days ago with a temp of 97.89 and again today I had a temp of 97.97 and a negative OPK

• BLAH BLAH BLAH back

I chart on paper, so I can give you the numbers you want.  I have had 11 negative OPK's with my temps around 97.3-97.41

I got a positive (or what I would assume is a positive, since it is the closest to the same color I can have) 2 days ago with a temp of 97.89 and again today I had a temp of 97.97 and a negative OPK.

I am on CD 28. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagetricia2313:

BLAH BLAH BLAH back

Blahahahahahahaha blah

<3 Bumpie Veteran from December 2010 Mama's <3 -
    BFP - TTC Cycle #6: Clomid + HCG Trigger + TI + Progesterone - EDD: 12/11
    Beta #1: 4/1 - 51.5   Beta #2: 4/3 - 189   Beta #3: 4/6 - 778.9
    AMH: 1.06  FSH: 10.7
    DS: 11/2010 Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
  • OP, it's really hard to digest the numbers without seeing them on a chart. People here can help a lot with understanding your chart, but they need to see it. If you want input from the board, I'd really suggest transferring your data to Fertilityfriend.com and then putting a link in your siggy. That way everyone can easily see what's going on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did use FF and found it made me to obsessive about the predicitable dates.  I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, so those dates were never right.  I would rather just put pen to paper.

The question is not about the chart, but about having a temp rise the same day as a +OPK. 

Thanks anyways, I guess I will just go with what I know.

• You could easily have a temp rise the day of a +OPK. The question is, did you ovulate? That's a temp shift--three sustained high temps. Your CM and CP could also help you figure it out. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's just really hard for anyone to offer you advice/insight without being able to see your chart. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My CM and CP showed I did NOT ovulate yet. 

I am aware of the signs, but I know that temp rise only happens After you ovulate, and I *thought* OPK's were only + before you ovulated.  I will know tomorrow if I ovulated.  The question was not if I ovulated, but if you can have the temperature rise the same day as a +OPK.

Thanks!

• I'll try to answer your question - 

Maybe you just missed your surge and the OPK is just picking up what's left of LH.  That's my best guess.

• imageStarbuck5:
    imagetricia2313:

BLAH BLAH BLAH back

Blahahahahahahaha blah

LMAO!

Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • imagetricia2313:

My CM and CP showed I did NOT ovulate yet. 

I am aware of the signs, but I know that temp rise only happens After you ovulate, and I *thought* OPK's were only + before you ovulated.  I will know tomorrow if I ovulated.  The question was not if I ovulated, but if you can have the temperature rise the same day as a +OPK.

Thanks!

I understand your question.  Check out the reply to question #11 on this website.  I think it "might" be helpful. 

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#11

I have also ready in TCOYF that an OPK can show a positive result before, during, and after you O due to varying levels of LH in urine.  HTH.

EDIT:  So, the answer is yes, you could have a temp rise with a +OPK.

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Got my answer from PP, thanks!
  • imagetricia2313:

So I have been using OPK's for the past 2 weeks seeing if I can get a positive one. I am using the internet cheapies. I think I did get one the other day (it was the closest it has every been to being the same color as the test line) but it was also the same day that I had a temp spike. I had a negative OPK the prior day. My CM was not the most fertile, but it is becoming more fertile (2 days after the temp rise and +opk).

It was always my understanding that your temp rose AFTER you ovulated, and OPK's were positive 24-48 hours before you ovulated. Can this mean that I did ovulate or am I just weird?!?!

TIA

Tricia

Have you had 3 days of elevated temps? If not, you don't know for sure you ovulated yet. You may have had a fake out. Also, since you didn't get a definite positive OPK you may have just missed your surge. When you DO get a positive, you can ovulate as soon as 12 hours later.

Also, if you are off of hormonal BCP recently, that could be why you're not getting a lot of fertile CM yet.

Good luck :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagetricia2313:

Did use FF and found it made me to obsessive about the predicitable dates.  I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, so those dates were never right.  I would rather just put pen to paper.

The question is not about the chart, but about having a temp rise the same day as a +OPK. 

Thanks anyways, I guess I will just go with what I know.

Tricia, it's not necessary to use FF to be welcome here or to ask for advice.  It certainly makes it simpler if we can see your chart, but it's not a prerequisite.

Also, I understood your question. I don't know what all the fuss was about.

Hope you got the answers you were looking for. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

•  I don't think the OPK's work. I am using a Clear Blue Easy Fertility monitor and some left over non exp OPK strips and the strips said No while the monitor said Peak.  I believe the temp rises the day you O. Try looking at fertilityfriend.com.  they teach you how to chart and it keeps tract so you have something to go on.

Good luck!

• ::points to siggy chart:: i have ovulated on the same day that i got my one and only +opk so it is possible. +opks mean 12+ hours before you ovulated so if you get your +opk earlier, you very well could ovulate later that same day. only way to know is when you have 3 sustained increases for your temp shift. Also, did you test for opk yesterday?

CM can definitely still happen after you O so you can't just go by that, it's all of the signs together. you may want to try putting your temps into fertilityfriend.com because it gives you crosshairs. I find it so much easier to understand.

Good luck!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • car seat said:

Whatever. 

Zombie thread, don't know how I ended up here...but what a miserable bitch this person is

• Whatever. 
    Zombie thread, don't know how I ended up here...but what a miserable bitch this person is
    Wrong.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Whatever. 
    Well you obv searched it & posted on it... Way to bring back a thread from 4 years ago, and watch the name calling..
    Yea but look how nice @sarahl77 is!!
    Haha! I don't even remember this one, but I yes, I got to the point when I decided to be as helpful as I possibly could, even to the impossible questions. This was just a few months before I got my 1st BFP. :) Ah, reminiscing.

FWIW, Carseat is one of my favorite people, even though we responded really differently to this particular thread.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Whatever. 

Your first post is pulling up a pointless thread from four years ago and calling someone a bitch. Mmmmkay. Well, congratulations on your two points!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"