Parenting after 35

NBR: Need jeans!

Help me!  I need new jeans.  I get really grumpy shopping for jeans, because I've got this thick waist that the pregnancy has only made worse... and narrow-ish hips and legs, so "curvy" jeans don't work.  I like darker washes up to and including black.

I have two pairs of Lucky Sweet-n-lows that used to work, but now are too muffin-topped, and I don't need to unbutton 'em to pull 'em off anymore.  They are now both too big and too small at the same time.  :(  I'd love to find jeans that will stay on me, not give me plumber's butt when I sit down, and not look like total "mom jeans."

My size varies because of the whole small-hip big-waist thing, but the Lucky's are size 10s.  Any suggestions?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: NBR: Need jeans!

• I just bought a pair yesterday! I went to The Loft. I actually fit into my old size 8. The waist is a bit snug but it is motivation for me to trim up! They were a curvy boot cut. The waist wasn't too low or to high. I dreaded going but was glad I did because they fit really nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know, right!?

I actually still fit into my jeans from 8 or 10 year ago but those jeans are so old now...they aren't cute anymore. I used to share a pair of Seven jeans with a friend but she claimed them while I was pregnant. Those things were worth it - I would turn to look at my asss in the mirror and think, "Oh, hello old friend!" I'm thinking I might just go for it and head down to Macy's for some 7 or Joes Jeans.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Loading the player...
  • You might want to try Joe's Jeans.  They are supposed to be "narrow through the thigh."  I've not had a pair myself, but have heard really good things about them from a couple of friends.  The "muse" cut or the "provacateur" cut look like they might work.  Stay away from the "honey," that's for curvy girls like me!  (Or like I will be after I lose 40 pounds.  Stick out tongue)

My personal go-to brand is Not Your Daughter's Jeans.  You might want to give them a look too.

• I'm a sucker for good ol' Levi's. I got a pair(can't remember what # they are) a few months ago in a 10.

I always used to have a tiny waist and a bit of a bum. I've now got the opposite problem. My new jeans smush my new belly, but not so much it's uncomfortable and it's nothing a bigger shirt can't hide.

Highly recommend them!

• I have to 2nd the vote for Sevens if you want to make an investment.  I bought a pair 4 or 5 years ago and got them hemmed to work with my short legs.  I couldn't believe how much I still love them once I lost the majority of my pregnancy weight (body shape has changed from pre-preg.).  These are the most flattering jeans that I have ever owned.  Way more money then I ever imagined I would spend on jeans, but I feel great about myself everytime I walk out of the house in them.  And they've held up really well!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I absolutely LOVE my Joe's Jeans.  I am a bit curvy though and wear the "Honey" style. 
  •  I am a 7's jean gal too - even bought maternity ones! They really make any butt look better...I have forced many gf's into buying them. I went shopping today though and tried these on - super cute and better price!

https://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=21211&parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=24&subCategoryId=24&user_att_value=Email&user_att_name=Interest&Mppg=0&Mcatpn=category&Mpper=3&Mcatp=cat_2&Mcat=24&Mrval=Boot&Mpos=1&Mrsaa=*&Mcatn=Jeans&Mpg=SEARCH%2BNAV&Mrnam=Leg+Shape&Mrsavf=*&Mreft=1

• I am so NOT in the know.

I am pear shaped and have a terrible time finding jeans. I have worn Levi's since I've been in high school. If those 7's or Joe's jeans make any butt look good, I might splurge.

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My budget is for jeans costing no more than $50.  No Joe's jeans or 7 for all Mankind or the like.   I need a few in my current size because I can't squeeze into my pre-pg jeans yet.  We'll see how I do with WW and if I lose those last 8 pounds.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imagerobynlesley:
    My budget is for jeans costing no more than $50. 

Do you have a Nordstrom rack or the like where you live? You can often find these brands - perfectly good condition - very, very significantly marked down.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • imagepeeper72:

imagerobynlesley:

Do you have a Nordstrom rack or the like where you live? You can often find these brands - perfectly good condition - very, very significantly marked down.

I've seen 7's at TJ Maxx too!

• imagepeeper72:

imagerobynlesley:

So true.  I have a friend who only buys Joe's Jeans at Nordstrom Rack, Off 5th, Loehmann's, TJ Maxx, etc.

• Lucky were my favs before my new after baby body took over too.  I just got a couple of pair of Levis (I forget what #), that are working for me right now.  They have a little bit of 'give', which is what I need Embarrassed until I get myself back in shape.  (I may try out a pair of those Seven's that everyone is raving about though...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"