Preemies
Options

If you have had another DC after your preemie

Did you ever stop being scared to take the plunge again?  I would like to have another child, but I am so freaked out that it will happen all over again.  Were you still scared when you got pregnant?  Did it go away?  Any advice?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: If you have had another DC after your preemie

• Options
    There are several of us who are pregnant with #2 (check out the pregnant after preemie check in below).  Most of us are pretty nervous, I know I am.  A pre-conception appointment with my MFM along with a plan of treatment during this pregnancy really did help but I'll probably be pretty nervous until 35 or so weeks...
  • Options

Hey mhop we're nearly neighbors ;-)

Thanks for the response.  I know this is a general question and very hard to answer, but what made you decide you were ready?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're considering TTC#2 again soon.  We are very nervous but have met with a high risk OB and would be closely monitored.  They seem optimistic but it's for sure scary.
  • Options

I didn't have time to be scared.  We had IF issues trying to conceive our first one that we didn't worry about BC.  I found myself PG with #2 when DD was only 7 months old.  At first I was scared but after my first OB appointment we put a plan in place and everything went well.  I delievered #2 at 37 weeks.  DD (#1) was a 26 weeker.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We had IF issues as well with DD, but we were being really careful after she was born. Despite using condoms and the morning after pill after a condom failed we got KO 2.5 months after DD was born. I totally flipped out and so did DH, but everything seems to be going really well. I made sure that I found an amazing OB and a MFM for our second time around! At least the second time around I know what to look for ( I had DD due to Pre-E at 26 weeks).

• Options

Dh and I found out I was pregnant b/f we were really "trying".....I was very nervous in the beginning and right around when we hit the mark where we had DS #1...I will be 38 weeks tomorrow so the nervousness is gone.:)

Hope this helps you.. :)

• Options

I just discussed LO#2 with my OB yesterday.  She said the likelyhood of me having another preemie and pre-e is small, so I should feel comfortable TTC.  However, I know that once I am preggers, I will be on pins and needles until I reach 36-37 weeks.  I plan on trying to be in the moment and not worry too much.  We'll see how that goes.

• Options
    This baby was a total accident.  I cried for a week when I found out I was pregnant because I was so scared.  Plus DD will only be 15-16 months old when he comes (that's if I make it full term).  I was freaked out about spending 10 weeks in the hospital away from DD if I had the same problems.  My OB has been super proactive and I'm starting to get a little more confident I'll make it to 36-37 weeks at least.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am pg with #2 and although we were scared to try again we really wanted DS to have siblings and not change our plans bc of what happened with him.  He was born close to term at 35-36 weeks but they had misdated me bc of his size and thought I was 37.  I had pre-e and that is why they induced.  I have been nervous but so far I have shown no signs of pre-e and I began swelling with DS at 30 weeks.  My ob also did an u/s early this time (usually they just do one at 20 wks) to make sure I was dated right and it showed my due date would have been 2 wks off again so I feel very confident now that I am dated right and that we will make it full term this time.  Now I am just nervous about having a 10lb full termer :)!
  • Options

Thanks all for your responses.  I think we may start TTC in September, but I had such a rough time with DS.  The first 5 months were so hard, and I just don't want to go through that again.  The other things that I worry about are the normal new baby things...Will I love the second one the same? How will I make enough time for both?  Can we afford another child?  etc. etc.

I know it will all work out in the end :-)  Thanks for your thoughts!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"