D.C. Area Babies
Options

S/O babypuplove's post: anyone's DC not have a lovey?

is my 16-mo old the only 1 who does not have a lovey? When she was younger, I tried to get her to have one, I would nurse with a teddy bear she has in her crib in hopes she'd sleep longer if it smelled like me. Nothing worked. There are toys/books she loves more than others but she has no lovey. And yes, she's very very attached to me, so I guess I may be her lovey:)

it's normal not to have one right?

Re: S/O babypuplove's post: anyone's DC not have a lovey?

• Options
    Warner has a lovey, but it's more of a "sorta-likey" because he can definitely sleep without it. He likes to play with it in the mornings before I get in there after he wakes up (I take my time), but if it's in the wash, he's okay without it or with some other little stuffed animal.
  • Options
    DS doesn't really have a lovey either.  He has stuffed dinosaur that he kinda sleeps with at night, but I don't think it would cause any issues if he didn't have it. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has not attached herself to any of the loveys either. we have gotten a bunch as gifts but she does not play with them much. now, the sit and stand car thing we have is a whole other story. no one else is allowed to touch the thing :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Neither of my kids had or have lovies.  They're both pretty attached, though.
  • Options

imagevictoria1212:
    DD has not attached herself to any of the loveys either. we have gotten a bunch as gifts but she does not play with them much. now, the sit and stand car thing we have is a whole other story. no one else is allowed to touch the thing :-)

DD does not like anyone else to sit in her little pink armchair LOL

• Options
    Mine is not really attached to any of his stuff (just me and my hair...which he has to feel to fall asleep). It surprised me, since I had a blanket I couldn't sleep w/out until I was 12! But anything I've ever given him he could take it or leave it.
  • Options

Kenzie never had one.  Ian cannot go from one room to another without his elephant.

I think it is interesting because it kind of fits their personalities.  Kenzie is very independent and strong.  Ian is a snuggly sensitive little kid.

Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • Options

It's strange, because she has always loved her bunny, but we would leave him in the crib and she would forget about him in about five seconds.  Starting two days ago, she freaked out when we tried to leave him in the crib, and cried, huge tears and all, until we went and got him.  She brought him to Tyson's yesterday, and had him in the high chair during breakfast this morning.  We were away overnight Saturday (just me and DH), and MIL stayed with her.  I'm wondering if this has something to do with it.  Or maybe it's just a coincidence.  

DH wants me to just leave him in the crib and let her get over it, but I've tried telling him that it is perfectly healthy for a one year old to have a lovey.  I'm not going to deny her her bunny just because we may lose it.  Hopefully we won't!

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    No lovey here.  Just a very strong attachment to me.  I wish she would have something else though that brings her as much peace. 
  • Options

my son doesn't have one. never had any interest and i didn't push it. i figured not having one might make him a little more independent. and oh crap, what do you do if something happens to it? crisis!

he does, however, have a turtle night light (shows stars on the ceiling) that he's had since infancy. the battery casing was destroyed and i spent an entire afternoon chasing down a new one at christmas time last fall. ugh.

• Options
    No lovey here either...just her thumb and Mom...in fact she's allowed to bring a "pet" to school every day and she brings a different one each time.  It will be interesting to see if DD#2 develops an attachment to a lovey.
  • Options

imagebh2720:
    Warner has a lovey, but it's more of a "sorta-likey" because he can definitely sleep without it. He likes to play with it in the mornings before I get in there after he wakes up (I take my time), but if it's in the wash, he's okay without it or with some other little stuffed animal.

Pretty much the same at our house. I am thinking about getting another one just in case the attachment grows and we lose it.

• Options
    DD (age 3) doesn't have one. We tried and tried but she never took to anything. Now that she sleeps in her twin bed she has lots of stuffed animals that "like to sleep with her" but she isn't particularly attached to any one doll or animal. DS (19 months) has a monkey that's his lovey and it didn't take any effort to get him to want it. I think it was around 9 months that he really got attached to it. Different kids need different things I guess!
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options
    DS kind of does...he has this stuffed duck I got on clearance at Walmart that he loves to hold at night, and he goes thru stages with it, sometimes he carries it everywhere, but most of the time the duck stays in his crib and he just wants it at bedtime. Its starting to fall apart, but I haven't been able to find a replacement one, so hopefully he isn't too attached!
  • Options

Maggie never really attached to anything.  I tried to get her to like this little puppy dog blanket thing, but she really could have cared less.  Now she does sleep with her lamb and she noticed when we forgot it at my sister's but there was no fit because it was missing.

Molly I still don't have anything in her crib yet but I have been considering it since she seems to almost snuggle her bumper.  I think she will be the one to get attached to something.  She hasn't given up her pacifiers yet like Maggie did at 9mo just on her own.

• Options
    DS doesn't have a lovey.  He likes to have his blanket, purple pillow, and a few toys in bed at night but he's fine if he doesn't have them. 
  • Options
    No loveys here either. 
  • Options

Another "sorta-likey" here. DS has a little stuffed lamb that says a little prayer when you squeeze it and he grins whenever he hears it, but if it's not there, he could care less about it. However, we've just hit major separation anxiety since the blizzard - I'm a teacher and was home with him for almost 2 weeks straight - and now he's crying every day when I leave him at daycare. It's so sad!! I wish he would attach to something that would help!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No lovey, despite my efforts to introduce one (since I heard it can help with transitions), but within the last week or so he's become  more attached to his FP sing-a-long puppy, carrying it around, hugging it, sleeping holding it, etc.
  • Options
    No lovey here.  DD has certain stuffed animals that she likes more than others, but no matter what's in her crib at night, she tosses it out immediately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"