Parenting after 35

short notice work trip update: Reprieve!!!

I have managed to avoid work travel for almost ten months, and I knew I would have to get back to it eventually, but I was hoping to put it off as long as I can.  My boss emailed me today to ask me to travel to LAX for four days, leaving next Tuesday.

I am sad.  I have never been away from DD for longer than 12 hours. (I am also freaking out about logistics, but that is another issue.) 

ETA: I emailed my boss to let him know I would have to talk to DH and to remind him that I will need to pump several times a day.  He sent back that he forgot about the pumping and will probably take someone else. I should feel guilty, but instead I feel happy!

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.

Re: short notice work trip update: Reprieve!!!

• oh no!  I would be sad and freaking out too.  I know there have been other moms here who have had business trips, maybe they can offer you some advice on the logistics piece? 

One silver lining....uninterrupted sleep in a comfy bed all by yourself!  I'm sure that doesn't sound like a very good trade off right now though. Sad  Good luck!

• imagepahokie:

ETA: I emailed my boss to let him know I would have to talk to DH and to remind him that I will need to pump several times a day.  He sent back that he forgot about the pumping and will probably take someone else. I should feel guilty, but instead I feel happy!

hee hee... thats the best.... I would feel happy too!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"