Health & Exercise
Options

Best post-baby workout and diet plan

Hey Girls,

I was wondering what you have found to help shed the baby pounds and get your body back.  I am looking for a book on simple meal plans and exercise routines.  Anyone know if "Body After Baby" is a good book?

I am considering hiring a personal trainer to work with me but I've worked with trainers in the past and use to run 3-4 miles a few times a week so I was in good shape before being pregnant and have some fitness knowledge already.  I've gained 32 pounds so far this pregnancy. TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Best post-baby workout and diet plan

• Options

The best post-baby workout plan is to continue working out during your pregnancy. Really. Smile

It makes it so much easier. With my first, I bounced back right away. Second time is harder, I won't lie.

But really, other than taking into account for breastfeeding (and additional calories you might need if you BF) and being gentle on your joints for the first few months, it's really no different than getting into shape in general.

• Options

Weight Watchers was the easiest for me the first time around. I waited a long time before realizing it wasnt just going to go away for me.

This time, I immediately changed how much food I was consuming when I got home from the hospital. But I  also have taken breastfeeding calories into account. I have lost almost 25lbs in 6 days. This has been WAY easier and WAY different from the first time around. Just start as soon as your comfortable!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worked out until about 25 weeks and continued to take the dog on 1 mile walks until 30 weeks, but I stopped around then.  My feet get too swollen and my stomach was really uncomfortable so my doctor said to stop walking the dog so far.  I do prenatal yoga a couple times a week and walk the dog to the end of the block...but I don't really consider either of these exercise.  =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was not able to work out during my last pregnancy (high risk) and cannot work out with my twins either.  With my son, I had 15 pounds to lose after everything shook out (after 6 weeks postpartum).  I saw a nutritionist who put me on a low glycemic diet.  Basically low carbs, alot of green veggies, low fat proteins, low dairy, very little sugar.  I also worked out a ton.  I got the NY Body Plan DVD and did that and took a ton of classes at the gym (mostly light weights/cardio, some spinning).  I lost the weight pretty easily doing all that.

After my twins, my plan is to do the low glycemic diet immediately (I don't BF) and then to do the NY Body Plan diet and exercise plan (it's a 2 week program consisting of a hard-core diet and 2 exercise routines/day- cardio and also strength training) once I'm able to work out again after my c-section. 

I generally hate working out with a trainer but I used to have a trainer come to my house to do Pilates with me.  If my abs are in sorry shape after the pg, I'll probably do that too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"