Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Getting your old body shape back

Ok so I have lost all 48 lbs I gained but none of my clothes fit right yet. Anyways what are you ladies doing to get your body's shape back and lose the poochy belly?

Re: Getting your old body shape back

• Way to go losing 48 lbs in 1 month!! I still have 19 pounds to lose.... sigh! I've been doing yoga to tone my body again, and lifting weights a few times a week. That said, the amount of time I have to work out is in short spurts. I also like the Comcast On Demand 10 minute workouts (especially the abs workouts) when I can get DD down for a bit.

• I'm having the same problem - I've lost all the weight and some, but still have a poochy belly that I can't get rid of! Cardio's not really doing it to get rid of it.  I have read that you're not supposed to do traditional crunches b/c it can make the pooch worse, so what are you supposed to do to get rid of the belly?! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost all of my baby weight too and am starting to think I will never have my pre-baby body back.  I have my pooch (which I honestly ALWAYS had.... when i was only like 8 weeks pregnant, DH said it was all baby... DOPE!!! LOLOL) and feel back to normal, but my clothes just do not fit right.  

I seriously need to do some clothes shopping before I go back to work on Monday. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought I would do pilates, but my abs aren't strong enough to attempt that yet. I think I will try yoga next. I lost 32 lbs of the 52 I gained, so I would like to tone up and get rid of the last 20 by May 13th, my birthday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm starting the 30 day shred by Jill Michaels today. I also plan on going to the gym with my hubby twice a week and get on the elliptical.

I have about 15lbs to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but would like to lose 20lbs total. 

• I recommend getting the book "Essential Exercises for the Childbearing Year".  It has a lot of good info about getting your abdomen back in shape the right way PP.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"