Trouble TTC

how much is fertility testing w/o insurance coverage?

Hey everyone,

My husband and i have been trying for over a year now. I seem to be ovulating with OPK and charting my basal temp. So who knows what is going on. But do you know how much the basic fertility testing is? My doctor told us to come in and he will start testing, well my insurance doesnt cover it so now I am worried. ANyone have any idea?
Jackie

Re: how much is fertility testing w/o insurance coverage?

• It really varies entirely by region, doctor, etc.  For me, costs are as follows:

b/w - $90 per hormone tested (ie: 1 draw but 2 things tested = $180)
    u/s - $240
    HSG - $500
    SA - $120

Are you certain not even testing and diagnosis is covered?  A lot of times that is the case - they will cover testing but not treatment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's really going to depend on the clinic you go to.  I see that Gymnst gave you some idea of her costs.  I'd suggest getting a list of REs in your area and call around for ballpark pricing.  I'm sure you'll find there are Drs willing to work with you.

GL!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • I just met with my RE Friday and he quoted me around $900 for the HSG and U/S. The consult itself cost $350.
    Struggled with IF from 2008-2011.
    Surprise Pregnancy 02/11!
  • Can I just ask why you are paying w/o insurance? Is it because you do not have coverage or because your policy doesn't cover it?
  • My policy wont cover it. I have maternity coverage but not fertility testing. I think its strange that they wont even cover basic tests....i guess i could see if they dont cover IVF or something...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"