Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How long does it take prunes to kick in?

DD is extremely constipated.  She didn't poo at all today and she's a poo-twice-a-day kinda gal.  She was pushing really good a few times today, face turned red and everything, but nothin'.  So I gave her a half a Stage 2 apples/prunes puree after her dinner veggie/rice cereal.  She went to bed at 7:30... she's not going to wake up with a poopy diaper in the middle of the night, is she?  She hasn't pooped in the middle of the night in a long time, I can't remember the last time she woke up with a poopy diaper.  But now I'm second guessing my decision to give her prunes for dinner.  Maybe I should have waited til morning?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: How long does it take prunes to kick in?

• Options
    Usually the next day for us...with a whole pack of stage 2.  I would stop with the rice cereal if she's getting constipated.  That may be your problem.  Also stay away from fruits like bananas.
  • Options

imagegrinsandgiggles:
    Usually the next day for us...with a whole pack of stage 2.  I would stop with the rice cereal if she's getting constipated.  That may be your problem.  Also stay away from fruits like bananas.

I agree with Grins. My DD did much better with oatmeal instead of rice cereal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prunes have never worked for DD. Peaches everyday seem to keep her regular, but she is on soy formula which seems to be notorious for constipating. Even when DD has been really bad and I've had to give her diluted apple juice in a bottle, she still has waited until the morning to poop and hasn't gone overnight.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    My DD was really constipated and we started on prunes this past Tuesday and she finally went on Friday- twice. she only eats about 1/3 of a container.. I hope she doesn't poo in the middle of the night for you! or for her tooshie. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"