South Jersey Babies
Options

switch to toddler bed

Last week Aidan climbed out of his crib. It was just once and hasn't happened again. I'm tempted to take the front off of his crib and make it the toddler bed, but then I'm worried he'll fall out or not sleep as well. (We put him to bed asleep, even at naptime...I know, shame on us!)

When did you make the switch? Did your child's sleep habits change?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: switch to toddler bed

• Options

We switched our daughter just last month. She wasn't a climber though. She just needed to move out so we could get the nursery ready for her baby sister.

Our first night was the hardest but she was in a new bed in a new room. After the first night, she went back to her normal sleeping routine. She will stay in her bed until someone comes to get her in the morning.

• Options
    We switched Elijah right after he turned 2 because he showed me how he could start to climb out head first.  He slept with no problem.  Does your bed come with a rail?  Ours did, but we never used it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Toddler beds changed the sleeping habits of both of mine.  Most nights one of them ends up in my bed... and last night was my first night with BOTH of them.  I also don't force them back to their own rooms when they clearly don't want to be there.  I really just want the easiest situation that will get us all the most rest.  Boy, I sure miss those crib days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"