Detroit Babies

Sickness vent

Ug, so, since I'm on a roll posting, I just needed to vent this.

Going on day ???? of my cold/sinus infection!  Got it last Thursday and it stinks.  I'm able to take some stuff that the nurse at the OB office says I can, but I'd do more if I wasn't pregnant. 

I'm usually not a negative Nelly, but I've been a bit upset at the person we're thinking somewhat "passed" on the cold.  We had a Super Bowl party that Sunday and a couple came.  I didn't know this until after, but DH told me that they weren't in church that morning cuz the wife had a cold & wasn't feeling well enough to attend.  But she was feeling better so they came to our party!  UG, you don't come when you have a low immune pregnant women hosting!!!  My other gf was nice to not come cuz she was sick & she said she couldn't imagine getting me or DD sick.

Of course the next day the gal was on FB saying she had a sore throat and wasn't feeling good.  Then her DH came down w/a sinus infection as well.  No one else at the party was sick or has been sick, and I wasn't out after that since it was the week w/the snow, so all my other actvities were cancelled.

DH also got a sinus infection.  We still did our "us" trip to Frankenmuth cuz it might be the only 3 day weekend we'll have before DS is born, but we were miserable, especially at night.  I know I need to let it go, but since I'm in all the time, i have plenty of time to think.  Of course I'm not mean enough to say "just to let you know, I think I got your cold".  Or something just to let them know next time, stay home please!

ok, vent over.....sorry, just had to get that out...i just want to get better and have my life back again.....i hate this!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Sickness vent

• :o( I hope you feel better soon! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope you are feeling better!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope you feel better soon!  I'd be annoyed with that guest as well.

It's really frustrating to be sick while pregnant, isn't it?  I'm getting over a tiny cold (just headachey, fatigued, and a little sore throat), and taking a little Tylenol just took the edge off when I'm usually one to load up on cold meds.  It adds just that extra stress and discomfort we really don't need!

I'm so glad I got the flu shots, though.  Now that my lungs are so constricted by the twins, I can see how something respiratory could be truly dangerous!

• Cer+Mel-yeah, it's harder & frustrating when you're pregnant.....then add a toddler to the mix who has a ton of energy and doesn't understand why mommy just wants to lie on the couch and rest!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"