Orange County Babies

Do you have ideas on how to share the news with parents?

Hi there.  First time on thebump.  I'm looking for creative ways to tell my father and step-mother that we are expecting.

Hubby and I have been married for 4 years and this will be our first child, however my parents 4th grandchild.

Can you share ideas with me?

Re: Do you have ideas on how to share the news with parents?

• I don't really have any ideas, sorry, but just wanted to say congrats and welcome. 

Maybe you could buy them something with a grandparents theme, like mugs that say "#1 Grandma" and "#1 Grandpa" or something.

• We were going to do the double-picture frame with a picture of us & then the following or something similiar in the other frame:

Cost of picture frame - $10
    Cost of photographer - $100
    Cost of postage - $8

Realizing there are three of us in this picture... priceless.

But we were so excited we ended up telling everyone over the phone.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I had custom fortune cookies made, they were really cute. Each one had a little riddle announcing our pregnancy and we gave them to my in-laws. It was fun and maybe cost less than $15 I think. They were dipped in chocolate and very tastey I might add!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions!  I guess I'll be shopping this weekend :)
  • I found something online... it was a grandparents contract...

it was really cute... something about promissing to love them... play with them... etc... 

I printed the contract out, and my Father-in-law is a drummer so we gave him a baby drum to open... and Stepmother-in-law a box of crayons, because she was a artist... they had no idea why we gave them that till they started reading the contract :)

Congratulations!!!! :) Happy Shopping!!!!

• Congrats! We had a baby bib embroidered that said I heart my Great Grandpa (it was DH's grandpa's bday dinner). It was hilarious because at first he did not get it and thought we were telling him he needed a bib but was really touched when he "got it."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"