St. Louis Babies
Options

Nursery

Are there any places in the St. Louis area to go to look for furniture for the nursery other than Target, Walmart, and BRU?

Re: Nursery

• Options

try here https://www.treasurerooms.com/.  It's in Chesterfield in the Lamp n Lantern Village shopping center.

I bought my nursery furniture from JcPenny.  I was a little timid about buying it without seeing it first, but I love it.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    St. Louis has a pretty good craiglist, you may want to check it out.  My crib was ordered online, I found a good price on the model I wanted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pretty much, no, unless you want to drop a pretty penny at Treasure Rooms or Goodnight Rooms.  I also bought my baby firniture at JCP online and picked it up at my local store.  I did lots of reading reviews and research and hardly ever heard anything bad, so I figured why not.  I am please with our set so far.  It is the Cottage collection by Rockford.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks girls! Is it sad I'm shocked I got 3 responses on our local board?
  • Options

I bought mine at Treasure Rooms and everything was perfect. They definitely have the largest selection. It was more expensive than some but I wanted lifetime furniture not just a crib. Goodnight Rooms has nice pieces too. I didn't find out about them until after we had ordered. I would suggest ordering your furniture with plenty of time. It took about 3 months to arrive. 

There have been some negative comments about Treasure Rooms but I had no bad experiences and actually found a stroller that I love as well.  

There is also a Pottery Barn Kids at Chesterfield Mall. The main reason I didn't go with them for the crib was they only had one convertible crib and it was a little feminine. I did however purchase my bedding from them and love it. Nice quality and great looking.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There are 2 shops in West County that I know of. Treasure Rooms in Town and Country (the Village and Lantern Shopping Center) & Goodnite Rooms in Valley Park (new shopping center at corner of Dougherty Ferry and Big Bend). Good luck!
  • Options
    Also, the new Phillips furniture store offers baby furniture (on Manchester near Lindberg).
  • Options
    I got my furniture from Treasure Room and would not recommend them. The furniture is nice now that we finally got it. We were supposed to receive it in January and did not receive it until April. Everytime I called to check on it, I got a different story. I felt I was being lied to. We made appointments to pick it up on three different occasions and had to reschedule due to miscommunication between the store and warehouse. One time it came in and was damaged (so they say) so we had to wait for them to send it back and resend it. My neighbor had a similar experience and did not receive the furniture until after the baby was born.
  • Options
    There aren't a lot of baby furniture stores in St. Louis as far as I know.  I first checked out Goodnite Rooms.  Furniture was ok, about the lines of BRU.  Then I went to Treasure Rooms.  I got my furniture in less than 2 weeks.  It helps that I chose the only crib on sale (it was natural wood).  From what I gather, it seems like the trend is to buy dark baby furniture and all the styles are in such demand that you never can guesstimate when you will actually get your set once you order it.  I think that is why people end up waiting for  more than 3 months than expected.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"