Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Stupid milk question before 1 year

I hear of people giving mashed potatos but dont they have milk in them ?

What about yugort and cheese dairy ?

What about mac and cheese in the box you need to make it with milk ?

thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stupid milk question before 1 year

• Options
    imageBridetobe9/9/06:

I hear of people giving mashed potatos but dont they have milk in them ?

What about yugort and cheese dairy ?

What about mac and cheese in the box you need to make it with milk ?

thanks

I make mashed potatoes and mac and cheese with 2% milk.  Yogurt is made with whole milk, and she gets regular cheese. 

• Options
    you can give products made with milk but are not supposed to substitute milk for formula/BM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD gets cheese, yogurt and mac/cheese. They have dairy in them yes. It's different when you are feeding them amounts of milk they can digest as compared to a bottle or sippy full at an early age.
  • Options
    It's not that milk can't cross a baby's lips in any form until 1 year ... unless of course there is reason to believe that baby may have an allergy to milk.  It's just that cow's milk should not replace breastmilk or formula until 1 year.  Baby can have foods containing milk prior to 1 year.  So, yogurt, mashed potatoes, etc are all ok.  And, my particular peditrician wants us to start replacing formula with whole milk at 11.5 months and be completely weaned from formula by baby's 1 year check-up.  If baby were still breastfed, that wouldn't be the recommendation of course.  But, we weaned at 7.5 months.
  • Options

you're back with the questions i see.

milk as a drink =/= milk in products.  cheese and yogurt have cultures in them, that help with digestion.  

• Options

imageSmiles4Miles?:
    you can give products made with milk but are not supposed to substitute milk for formula/BM

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"