Attachment Parenting
Options

Exercising with baby in a moby??

Hi all!   I mostly lurk on this board, but I have a question about whether/how to exercise with a baby in a moby wrap.  I read somewhere online that you can get on a treadmill with the baby in a Moby.  So, is this a good idea?  I would not run, just walk.  Would the baby get too hot up against me? 

Any other ideas how to exercise with the baby in the Moby?  It is just so hard to fit any meaningful time into exercising during the day with a baby who doesn't have a consistent nap schedule!  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exercising with baby in a moby??

• Options
    LOL, I think you read that from me on PAL... if Lil's fussy and just walking around the house won't get her to sleep, a 5 minute hop on the elliptical (going slowly, obviously!) usually does the trick. You can certainly go for walks with LO while wearing the Moby, and as long as you don't break into a jog, I see no reason why you couldn't go for a walk on the treadmill. The Moby is hot though- I dunno that I'd do a full 30 minutes of cardio! Perhaps wear down to sleep, then see if you can transfer to a swing/ pnp so you can get an actual work out in?
  • Options

I walk almost daily with kiddo wrapped so I think it's totally fine to walk on a treadmill.  I would just dress baby lightly and make sure you stay cool (and of course check baby for being too warm as you walk).  I've also been known to elliptical with kiddo on my back (although you don't want to back carry in the moby).  I go pretty slow with that though and it's usually if I'm desperate to get him to nap!

I think any walking - inside or out - is always great to do while babywearing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't do it in a newborn hold.  But that's just me.

As long as they're secure and comfortable I would totally walk with O in it. 

• Options
    I do wii fit with Emmy in a back carry (can't do that with a moby though). You can try that, if you have a wii! 
  • Options

imageTonya_G:
    LOL, I think you read that from me on PAL... if Lil's fussy and just walking around the house won't get her to sleep, a 5 minute hop on the elliptical (going slowly, obviously!) usually does the trick. You can certainly go for walks with LO while wearing the Moby, and as long as you don't break into a jog, I see no reason why you couldn't go for a walk on the treadmill. The Moby is hot though- I dunno that I'd do a full 30 minutes of cardio! Perhaps wear down to sleep, then see if you can transfer to a swing/ pnp so you can get an actual work out in?

I do remember you writing about that on PAL, and then I read about it again somewhere else!  I just am desparate to add some sort of physical activity back in to my day and it has been so cold and snowy here recently that getting out is not really doable. 

Thanks for all the responses!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG, just thinking about that makes me hot!  But if you aren't going to roast to death, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to walk with the moby :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"