Adoption
Options

adoption fund "gift"

Last year we had many folks contribute to our adoption fund for Payton in various forms.  We did some official fundraisers (calendars, raffles), some family gave us gifts, and then we had some friends/family/strangers donate funds to us.

Those funds totaled $1225 and went a long way toward helping us reach our goal.  The adoption credit and employer reimbursements are nice, but they don't come until after finalization.  DH and I (being strong believers in paying it forward) decided that we would offer a gift matching that amount to help another adoption after we receive our tax refund.

If you're interested, please email me at MrsB2007 at gmail dot com and describe the adoption situation and your family.  We are planning on making a decision on May 1st -- there aren't really rules or guildelines, we just plan on choosing whatever situation speaks to us.

Re: adoption fund "gift"

• Options
    Wow, Mrs B.  You and your DH are pretty special people.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with crystalpopcorn! You guys are awesome! I bet you will hear lots of wonderful stories. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No no...we just want to ease someone else's burden the way ours was.  We are blessed to have so many people who loved us.  THEY are the special ones!
  • Options
    you are amazing that even in a hard time you are think about someone else and their dream!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh My Goodness! You both have such huge hearts. That is really awesome of you guys to think of others in this very difficult time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is so generous and thoughtful. 
  • Options

You and your DH and truly a wonderful gift and this is a special gift.

• Options
    What a wonderful, generous heart you have!
  • Options
    This is such a wonderful idea! I have also been looking for ways to pay it forward.  I have never thought of this though!  I have also been thinking of starting an infertility/adoption support group in my town or a non profit that helps to fund adoptions for people.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You make me cry B. You are the awesomest people I know. 
  • Options
    I won't be emailing you for this because my husband and I are in the incredibly fortunate position of having our company reimbursement program cover the whole cost of the adoption, but I just wanted to tell you that I think what you are doing is very beautiful and I'm in awe of your generosity!
  • Options
    Wow, what an amazing offer!
  • Options
    wow!  you are truly special.  what a beautiful gift in the midst of your heartache. 
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"