South Florida Babies

How did everyone's Vday turn out?

Mine was the opposite I had expected... I wanted some quiet alone relaxing time with DH, and ended up spending the whole day w/ the inlaws!  LOL

We had breakfast all DH's family, then we went to mass together.  Dh and I decided to go to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival, and when the inlaws heard, they decided to go too.  It prob sounds like they were tagging along, but we actually encouraged them to go with us.  They never do anything together, and if being with us meant them hanging out together, then I'm all for the sacrifice.

Dh and I finally got our alone time for dinner.  We prepared dinner (he did the steaks, and I did the sides).  Great day overall!

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How did everyone's Vday turn out?

• It was a great day for me!

We also went to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival. We ended up meeting up with my brother and his gf and spent the day there and headed to the movie theatre to watch Dear John in the late afternoon. DH and I ended up skipping our dinner reservations to come home and watch the basketball all-star game. It was a great day and the weather was fantastic!

• Sounds like you had a nice day!! 

We were going to go to the Renfest yesterday but it was too cold take Matthew out.  I'm glad we didn't go because the boy ended up with a stubborn fever that wouldn't go down.  He's got 2 teeth coming out and he's been super fussy.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was amazing. DH actually made me cry with the sweet gift from him and what he did with DS's gift to me. He brought him to the store and let Jake literally pick out anything he wanted no matter how weird/funny/silly ir was and buy it for me. He took his camera to document it all for me. DS ended up buying me a Mickey Mouse gift bag, a bottle pop candy, and a push pop LOL. It was just so sweet getting something from Jake that he actually chose himself.

I'm going to put all the pictures up on my blog tonight, it was a great day that ended in Disney

• Mine was awesome. We dropped off LO at my mom's house because dh wanted to take me to a surprise place. He took me to Schnebly's Winery (in the Redlands) which was amazing (wine tasting can't not be good!). Then we went to Shibui for sushi and then we picked up the little guy at my moms. It was the best! 

I hope everyone had a great vday!

Victoria- I'm dying to see that blog post!!:)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.ClariC:

Mine was awesome. We dropped off LO at my mom's house because dh wanted to take me to a surprise place. He took me to Schnebly's Winery (in the Redlands) which was amazing (wine tasting can't not be good!). Then we went to Shibui for sushi and then we picked up the little guy at my moms. It was the best! 

they've sold that wine at my publix before... and it is fantastic!!  i think i bought the wine that was made with the starfruit.  Yum!!  I want to go there one day for a date, it seems like a great place!   You know, within the next year or so, they plan on opening up a b&b there... how awesome would that be??

• imageMrs.ClariC:

Mine was awesome. We dropped off LO at my mom's house because dh wanted to take me to a surprise place. He took me to Schnebly's Winery (in the Redlands) which was amazing (wine tasting can't not be good!). Then we went to Shibui for sushi and then we picked up the little guy at my moms. It was the best! 

I've heard a lot of great things about that place, and have been wanting to go for a while.  Glad you enjoyed.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We didn't spend any alone time either, but we still had a good time. DH and I went to church in the morning and then to a couple's valentine's party last night with some people from church. It was a good time and we had a dessert contest (we didn't win the prize, but we got to taste all sorts of yummy recipes, so I'd consider that a win ;) )
  • We dropped Alexis off with my parents friday saturday night.  Our original plan was to go to Chef Allen's for dinner, but I felt so crappy and the thought of food was just grossing me out, so I didn't want to go have a nice expensive dinner and feel like I was wasting it.  So we just went to Aventura Mall and had dinner at Grand Lux.  Sunday, we got to sleep in (YAY!).  Met up with my parents and ILs for lunch at Outback and got Alexis back.  Again I felt AWFUL! That was it, relaxed the rest of the day, nothing crazy.
    image image

• imagebritishbride05:
    imageMrs.ClariC:

they've sold that wine at my publix before... and it is fantastic!!  i think i bought the wine that was made with the starfruit.  Yum!!  I want to go there one day for a date, it seems like a great place!   You know, within the next year or so, they plan on opening up a b&b there... how awesome would that be??

a b&b would be amazing there!! It is super cute for a date! They let you take in a picnic basket with food (you just can't take any drinks so you can buy those there) and you can lay out on their lawn or sit in a picnic table. We didn't do that, but I told dh we definitely have to go back and get a bottle of wine and sit and relax there one day, it's awesome!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"