South Florida Babies

Pregnancy makes me a bad mom!!

The mommy guilt is starting already.  I have just been so tired that I'm not my usual self.  I just sit on the bean bag chair in her playroom while she plays.  Or I lay on the couch.  I am not actively playing as much as I normally do.  Food has been a disgrace! Today I picked up Wendy's for lunch, yesterday was Chick-fil-A.

I feel badly about it, but I'm just dead tired and can't get up and run around.  I hope this passes quickly!!! 

image image

Re: Pregnancy makes me a bad mom!!

• :-D i'm totally there with you.

my confession:  i put on two back to back episodes of Sesame Street today while I lay down and dozed off.  To my credit, though, she DID wake me up at 4:45 am, so it's kind of her own fault Stick out tongue

• im not in your shoes but i cant imagine being pg and keeping a toddler entertained/happy/safe...you are doing a great job at it though :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Being pregnant with a toddler has been a complete guilt-inducing experience for me.  First I was very fatigued in the 1st tri (and now again some days), then I was an emotional basket case in the 2nd tri and went back and forth between yelling at him every five minutes then crying because I felt bad about it.  Now I am feeling very guilty and overcome with sadness because in a few weeks it won't just be me and him during the day anymore.  Our routine and the activities we do are going to change and he will have to share me. I cry about it a lot at night after he goes to bed.

You know what though???  That is just my guilty conscience.  He doesn't seem to have a clue about any of it. I'm sure Alexis hasn't noticed anything odd...

• my mantra has been what Erin told me "Kids are resilient."  It's true, I think it's harder on us than it is on them.  Abby will adjust and get used to it, I know.  I just have that guilt that it's no longer 1 on 1 and now I have to share my attention.  it sucks.
  • You are keeping her happy and safe and in the grand scheme of things that's all that really matters.  I can't even imagine how hard it is going to be being pregnant with a toddler - I had a rough first 16 weeks of my first pregnancy.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is SO hard to be pregnant and have a toddler! I will freely admit that I have relied on television a lot to entertain Quinn during my first trimester when I was so nauseous and tired that I could barely move. I would put on Disney or Nick Jr. and cuddle with him so that I could spend time with him even though I felt horrible. I let him play more independently now than I ever did because I just don't have it in me to get on the floor and put together train tracks or whatever. I am often guilt ridden over it, but I try to make up for those times when I actually feel good (which sadly, is not that often :-(.

Everyone is right, kids are resilient and don't really notice as long as you are there when they need you, but it is still hard. I think we are all just trying to do the best we can and sometimes that means just getting through the day. Hope you start feeling better soon!

• Don't feel guilty. She is happy, playing, and fed...no wonder what you are feeding her. That is how my Saturday mornings start. She gets me up at 6:30am she gets 2 hours of TV while I doze on the couch. I cannot handle more than that.

You need to rest right now. Making her play on her own is not neglecting her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto the other posters.  I distinctly remember longing for Cedric's naptime just so that I would get to nap!  And often sitting either in a chair on on the couch while he played (inside or outside) in a fairly contained area, sometimes dozing off as he played.  It definitely got better into the second trimester for me.  Hope it does for you, too!
  • It's great to see that I am not the only one!! I feel the same way on most days! It is now a little better but it has not been easy. Ayy, now I am starting to get nostalgic about not being just me and him once baby arrives! We are excited but it is true, it is a new phase in our lives!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Wow, I'm glad kids don't remember being this young because my son gets A LOT of independent play time or TV time while I am working on the computer or if I am zombied out on the couch from staying up til 4am getting work done. This is day to day life for me, so imagine how guilty I feel! lol.

Actually I don't feel THAT bad... He likes his TV shows and he likes playing in his play room. I give him everything he could ever need or want other wise and give him time to run around the house and play with the dog. And when it's time for him to play independently  so I can work, that's just what has to happen.

I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when I get pregnant... I will really turn into a zombie I think! Thank goodness Zachary will be in Preschool by then!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"