Infertility

I hate gatorade.

blech. I'm only on day 3 of drinking 32oz + of gatorade and I already want to barf. between the gatorade, the multiple shots a day, and the muscle max protein bars (seriously, they recommended these), I feel like a juice head in training. I'm sure my colleagues are wondering WTF is up with me because I'm usually pretty diligent about what I eat.

I know that it will be so worth it if I don't get sick and even more worth it if this actually works, but man this stuff tastes like shiit.

ok, vent over. back to my met-rx big 100 chocolate chip cookie dough meal replacement bar which is not at all as good as it sounds like it would be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I hate gatorade.

• Ditto. I HATE gatorade & DH keeps trying to get me to drink it b/c I told him about the benefits with regards to OHHS. BTW...did your RE advise you to drink gatorade or did you start drinking it on your own? JW b/c I haven't really been too worried about drinking it unless they tell me to.
  • Can I ask why you have to do this?
  • Loading the player...
  • They specifically told me to start drinking gatorade and majorly up my protein intake once I started stimming because I developed OHSS the last time I did a fresh cycle. They said it can make a big difference in preventing OHSS as well as alleviating it if you do happen to get it. I'll try anything, I guess!
  • imageaplus816:
    They specifically told me to start drinking gatorade and majorly up my protein intake once I started stimming because I developed OHSS the last time I did a fresh cycle. They said it can make a big difference in preventing OHSS as well as alleviating it if you do happen to get it. I'll try anything, I guess!

Oh ok I get it now... GL!!

• My RE also told me to drink Gatorade and V8. I was also told to eat salty snacks.

Mari - It helps reduce the risk of OHSS 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageams8099:

My RE also told me to drink Gatorade and V8. I was also told to eat salty snacks.

Good to know. I'm trying to get all the info I can so that when I go in for my IVF I won't be feeling slow..

• imageams8099:

My RE also told me to drink Gatorade and V8. I was also told to eat salty snacks.

My RE has not told me this, but I'm wondering if I should? My E2 is 1519 after 7 nights of stims & I have about 25 follies growing. My RE doesn't seem concerned so I'm trying not to be, but stimming is getting more uncomfortable - that's for sure.

• imagejds0521:
    imageams8099:

My RE has not told me this, but I'm wondering if I should? My E2 is 1519 after 7 nights of stims & I have about 25 follies growing. My RE doesn't seem concerned so I'm trying not to be, but stimming is getting more uncomfortable - that's for sure.

You might be at a slightly higher risk just because you have so many follies. If I were you, I wouldn't stress out about it - especially if your RE is not concerned, but if you can maybe pick up some gatorade/V8 and try and up your protein over the next few days. It's sort of one of those "won't hurt, may help" kind of things. GL!!

• imageaplus816:
    imagejds0521:
    imageams8099:

Thanks aplus!

You might be at a slightly higher risk just because you have so many follies. If I were you, I wouldn't stress out about it - especially if your RE is not concerned, but if you can maybe pick up some gatorade/V8 and try and up your protein over the next few days. It's sort of one of those "won't hurt, may help" kind of things. GL!!

• I hate gatorade too!  I don't know how I'm going to stomach it when I start my IVF cycle!  UGH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"