3rd Trimester

Purple Legs?

I noticed that my legs turn purple and get some little white spots on them sometimes.  This morning they did it again, only this time I noticed that when I rubbed lotion on them, they turned back to their normal color for a while.  I actually compared one leg to the other, and one was completely purple/rosey red while the other was normal color.  I was just getting dressed for work, not really on my feet that long.  I'm assuming this is a circulation issue due to all the extra blood I've got flowing around, but come on...

Anyone else experiencing this, or have a suggestion to keep this from happening?  Can I keep it from happening?

Re: Purple Legs?

• yikes, how is your swelling?
  • My ankles and feet get swollen, but not too bad and not anywhere else on my body.  My blood pressure is usually pretty low- last week I was 96/62.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would let your doctor know just incase you have a clot.  Better safe than sorry.
  • Yeah, I'm on weeklys now, so I go again tomorrow.  I'll talk to them about it then.  Thanks :)  Just wondering if anyone else was having this... it's really weird!
  • I would call the doc. It sounds like your blood circulation isn't that good.
  • Do you think that it has to do with the low blood pressure?
  • I have this problem. My problem got really bad one day and I couldn't walk on one of my legs. I have circulation problems in my legs since I was around 24 weeks. I have to wear compression hose everyday. The doc had to write a prescription for them. They feel so much better when I have the hose on. I hope yours doesn't get too bad like mine did. Compression hose suck! But, they work!
  • Yes, I've had this since childhood. It is a circulatory problem, but not a big deal, despite how weird it looks when your legs are purple with pink or white splotches. I get it if I stand in one spot for too long: showering, waiting in line...

I have to rub/massage my legs, or walk around, bending my legs to get the blood flowing again... Good times. Nothing to worry about though, but since it's new for you, definitely see what your doc has to say. GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"