Biitchiness on BCP — The Bump
Infertility

Biitchiness on BCP

Uggghhhh! I am on BCPs right now for IVF next month and I am a super biatch! I just can't help myself and have been in the worst mood since I've been taking them. And my poor H is getting the brunt of it!

Has anyone else experienced this? I was on BCPs for 10 years before TTC and I don't remember the moodiness being this bad. Is this normal??

Re: Biitchiness on BCP

• I was downright foul on BCPs. FOUL. I was on them for a super long time too before and never was that mean and nasty. It might be a different brand or your body just isn't used to it yet. I was the most mean the first and last week (the last week I was exstra mean and crying b/c the lupron + BCP combo is like a molotov cocktail). :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You know, when I was on the pill and everytime I've taken provera or prometrium, I am an evil witch.  I had no mood swings on the follistim really but the other stuff-look out. 

Luckily my husband knew enough to just walk away. :-)

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Johns:
    I was downright foul on BCPs. FOUL. I was on them for a super long time too before and never was that mean and nasty. It might be a different brand or your body just isn't used to it yet. I was the most mean the first and last week (the last week I was exstra mean and crying b/c the lupron + BCP combo is like a molotov cocktail). :)

I'm on the 2nd week of Portia which is the generic Nordette. I was on Yasmin before TTC. Maybe it's the different BCPs that is messing with me. I figured maybe my body just needed to get used to them but so far it's not. Kinda scared when I have to start lupron or whatever the put me on! Do they usually put you on both the lupron+BCP?

• imagelaurens1122:

imageMrs.Johns:
    I was downright foul on BCPs. FOUL. I was on them for a super long time too before and never was that mean and nasty. It might be a different brand or your body just isn't used to it yet. I was the most mean the first and last week (the last week I was exstra mean and crying b/c the lupron + BCP combo is like a molotov cocktail). :)

I'm on the 2nd week of Portia which is the generic Nordette. I was on Yasmin before TTC. Maybe it's the different BCPs that is messing with me. I figured maybe my body just needed to get used to them but so far it's not. Kinda scared when I have to start lupron or whatever the put me on! Do they usually put you on both the lupron+BCP?

Yeah they have you start the lupron toward the end of the bcps. I think I had a 3-4 day overlap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs.Johns:
    imagelaurens1122:

imageMrs.Johns:

Yeah they have you start the lupron toward the end of the bcps. I think I had a 3-4 day overlap.

Oh ok, thank you for that info. At least it's only for a few days i guess.

• Are you Lauren and your birthday is 11/22??  I am Lauren and my birthday is 11/22 :) (thus my screen name!)

I know a lot of pp who hate being on BC.  For me, I LOVE it.  I know what to expect and when....and my mood is steady.  

Good luck with IVF!

• I was the same way too last year. I chalked it up to the type of pill the doctor prescribed. I used to be on ortho tri-cylen, which was the pill that worked the best for me.

Fortunately, it is only for a short time.

TTC (Seriously) from May 2009 IF DX: ? 1st RE appointment- September 2009 Oct 09: Clomid Ovidrel = BFN Nov 09: Clomid Ovidrel Endometrin = BFN Dec 09: Follicular Cysts, BCP to shrink Jan 2010-IUI #1: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin Accupuncture=BFN Feb 2010- Break March 2010- IUI #2: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN April 2010- IUI #3: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards