Success after IF

I know it's been asked, but OHSS help!

I'm miserable.  I went through this with IVF #1 and I was hopping that I could skate by this time without any OHSS effects, but no such luck.  I am in so much pain and discomfort.  I can't walk and can't stand straight.  My RE suggested starting with Gatorade right after ER to try to lessen the symptoms, but it hasn't worked.  Any other suggestions?  TIA.

~Olivia~

Re: I know it's been asked, but OHSS help!

• I am so sorry! I don't have suggestions I wound up in the hospital twice for it. I tried gatorade no water and v8 (gross!)

GL! 

• You can't just drink Gatorade, you really have to salt load. V8 has 3x the amount of salt as Gatorade. Canned Soups, ramen, pickels, ham, bacon, take out chinese food - all have a ton of salt. All the salt will draw the fluid out of your abdomen and into your extremities. My RE said because I ate a ton of salt for 5 days or so after ER I managed to escape getting OHSS.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Drink lots and lots of Gatorade, rest as much as possible (think laying on the couch ALL day) and eat salty foods too.

Good luck! OHSS is the worst......I had it multiple times. It is no fun, but if it's mild enough, you should start feeling better in the next couple days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies.  I will definitely try all of those suggestions.  I guess the hard part is that I'm not a salt person, but I guess I'm going to have to be!  At 9am I'm on my second bottle of Gatorade.  I do have a canned soup in my desk, so I may need to swap out my salad for a soup.  With IVF #1 it lasted until about 7 weeks and I don't have it in me to do that again - especially with a toddler!!

~Olivia~
  • imageMrs.OL:

Thanks ladies.  I will definitely try all of those suggestions.  I guess the hard part is that I'm not a salt person, but I guess I'm going to have to be!  At 9am I'm on my second bottle of Gatorade.  I do have a canned soup in my desk, so I may need to swap out my salad for a soup.  With IVF #1 it lasted until about 7 weeks and I don't have it in me to do that again - especially with a toddler!!

I know it's hard to eat salt if you're not a salt person. I absolutely HATE Gatorade and I drank it for days and days. I can hardly look at it now, but I drank about 20 of them a day for many days! :) You can do it!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTryingtogetpregnant:
    imageMrs.OL:

Thanks ladies.  I will definitely try all of those suggestions.  I guess the hard part is that I'm not a salt person, but I guess I'm going to have to be!  At 9am I'm on my second bottle of Gatorade.  I do have a canned soup in my desk, so I may need to swap out my salad for a soup.  With IVF #1 it lasted until about 7 weeks and I don't have it in me to do that again - especially with a toddler!!

I know it's hard to eat salt if you're not a salt person. I absolutely HATE Gatorade and I drank it for days and days. I can hardly look at it now, but I drank about 20 of them a day for many days! :) You can do it!!!

OMG me too. I had to choke it all down. Fast food french fries were the only food items that I liked that was high in salt.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • imagestepgirl21:
    imageTryingtogetpregnant:
    imageMrs.OL:

OMG me too. I had to choke it all down. Fast food french fries were the only food items that I liked that was high in salt.

20 A DAY!?!?  WHAT???  I'm up to like 5 a day - no wonder it isn't doing anything!!

French fries...now we're talking! 

~Olivia~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"