Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How many times....

a night do you go back into LO room at bedtime to soothe them?? 

It feels like forever from when I put LO to bed to when he actually falls asleep for the night. I hate it. I actually dread bedtime because I feel like I'm doing everything wrong.

I try to get him relaxed before bedtime. We have a bath and lotion and PJ routine. I make sure his belly is full, I rock him, I turn on the baby crack machine, I give him his pacifier, I put him in the crib still awake, I rub his head for a while, he closes his eyes... I slowly walk out the room..............

and as soon as I effing sit down he SCREAMS. I swear it can take 2 hours sometimes of me going back and shooshing and putting the paci back in and rubbing his forehead. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I end up in tears some nights.    

I really hate this part. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How many times....

• Emmie does this too. Its a little better since we got the wubanubb, but as soon as that paci falls out she screams. Its also b/c she sleeps so much better on her tummy and I won't let her sleep on her tummy at night! I'm hoping it gets better as she gets older
  • I am in the same spot. The only thing we have tried is doing the routine earlier. But really, it's just so I'm not AS tired when fighting the battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"