Indiana Babies

XP: Sleeping in another bed

I posted this on the 3rd timester board, but since many of you have already been through your first pregnancy I thought I would ask for your input also. 

So last night my DH and I were going to bed very late and well...being almost 31 weeks pregnant it is getting more and more difficult for me to get comfortable, I was very fidgety.  Switching sides, rubbing my legs together to scratch, and adjusting the pillow between my knees.

Finally, around 2:30am he said he was going to go in the other room to sleep, but I told him I would- since our guest bedroom bed is softer and easier on my hips.

This morning I woke up and felt like I had an incredible night of sleep.  I wasn't bothered by the cats (they slept with him,) I had tons of room to move and got to cuddle with our dog.   I went into our bedroom and my DH looked like a million bucks (he obviously had slept well too.)   I know that my moving around (and occasional snoring) keep him awake.  Both of us guiltily looked at each other and knew that we both felt better NOT sleeping in the same bed.  It was so sad.

So my question to you all is...during your pregnancy, did any of you have trouble sleeping with you DH?   We have a queen size bed, so one would think we wouldn't be having this problem.

Oh well, not too much longer for me. 

-Vicky

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

In my camera bag:

Re: XP: Sleeping in another bed

• I did that quite a bit.  I was so uncomfortable and I felt bad knowing that my tossing and turning was keeping DH up.  Don't feel guilty about it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our spare room got changed into the nursery otherwise I would have totally slept in a different bed!  I am more of a snuggler while awake and leave me the_hell alone while I am sleeping person anyway.  Man, I'd kill for a full nights sleep!
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't end up having to do this for my first pregnancy bc DH slept like a log.  Now though - we both are lighter sleepers and it may come down to sleeping in separate beds. If you both are getting a better night's sleep from it, then I wouldn't feel too guilty.  You'll go back to sleeping in the same bed once the baby's born, so get some good sleep while you can! :)

• I never thought about doing that.  But unless we move before the next baby, we won't have a spare bed for me one of us to sleep in.
  • Oh yeah, we slept in separate beds quite a few times.  His snoring + my fidgetyness made for some sleepless nights. Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"