Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Has anyone experienced this since giving birth..

really dry hair or your hair falling a lot more than usual?  My mom says this is normal after having a baby even 4 months later.

Oh yeah and little dry patches around my right boob, weird!

Re: Has anyone experienced this since giving birth..

• My hair is falling out in clumps. It's disgusting. I am going bald on the sides, not kidding.

I have dry patches on my back and shoulders. Yuck.

• <--- hair is currently in bad bad shape.  dry & falling out
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have the dryness really, but definitely had the hair falling out. It was like a small woodland creature was coming out of my head everytime I took a shower! Mine didn't really start until 3.5-4 months pp either. It's let up a lot now though, I'm back to shedding my 'normal' amount. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could make a wig with the amount of hair that falls out of my head, it has to due with hormones and it completely normal...though I;m sure my husband and the shower drain wish there was a cure
  • My hair has been falling out a ton this week.  It's normal around 3-4 months from what I've read.  My hair is all over our house now, it's really annoying.
  • My husband thinks I'm dying with the amout of hair he finds in our Dyson.  Yup it's normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With you on the hair falling out, though it does seem to be getting better now, finally (after 3+ months).
  • I am still loosing hair but it seems to be slowing down ::crosses fingers::

• My hair fell out before being pregnant, but stopped with pregnancy. Just started following out again about 2 weeks ago, and I realized I had forgotten it fell out so much before.

Grrr. I hate it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Ditto everyone else on losing hair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually never loose hair but during my pregnancy my hair started shedding a lot more. Since I gave birth I was barely shedding til this week. Now when I shower its coming out in hand fulls. I'm freaking out.
  • imageJules G:
    I didn't have the dryness really, but definitely had the hair falling out. It was like a small woodland creature was coming out of my head everytime I took a shower! Mine didn't really start until 3.5-4 months pp either. It's let up a lot now though, I'm back to shedding my 'normal' amount. 

This.  It's scary looking!  haha  And it's everywhere.  I could supply all you lovely ladies with wigs from the amount I am losing.  ;-)

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Totally  normal.  When pregnant your hair grows a lot slower that's why you normally shed less and your hair tends to appear thicker and fuller.  Once that baby's out and your body starts to regulate back to the way it was it gets rid of that excess hair.  My hair stylist told me that sometimes you may get little short hair that will stick up (great, right?) but if you're lucky it'll grow underneath your current hair and push it outward to give you volume.  ahahahah....

But yeah, my shower drain looks like Bigfoot took a shower in there.  Poor DD keeps getting my hair all over her.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedragon_chica:

But yeah, my shower drain looks like Bigfoot took a shower in there.  Poor DD keeps getting my hair all over her.  

This exactly.

• Same here.  My gay stylist last week was like "Daaaaaaaaaahling- you must stop nursing.  It's bad for your haaaaaaaaaaair!"  (and no, I'm not changing my nursing plans one bit based on this advice)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"