Blended Families

SD planning to visit.

Joy. 

She's coming over Spring Break. I was going to start work that week. She talked about taking care of the baby for us while we worked.  HA!  Don't think so. Guess I'm taking another week off.

At least she's not asking us to pay for her trip - and she's bringing her boyfriend. Who has two jobs, a car and a place of his own. 

College is going well.

Things are improving...still...I can't quite turn the baby over to her my first week back at work.

No way.

Re: SD planning to visit.

• I will believe it when she actually arrives on your doorstep.
  • No I would not be handing that little baby over to her.  What were your plans for day care?  Go back to work as planned and begin day care as planned.  Sd can see DD in the eve's.

Did you ever post pics of DD or did I totally miss it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It will be nice to see her & actually meet this bf of hers. Is she working part time or is school taking up all her time? Let's hope she continues to stay on track, we are all rooting for her!
  • Yea I wouldn't leave her at your house alone.
  • I didn't mention this part, but Flo hit the nail on the head. I don't want them in my house alone.  Although SD is improving, I still don't trust her.

And you are right, I too will believe it when I see it. That is why I will wait to extend my leave. 

I posted pics of Megan a couple weeks ago. I'll post a new one soon.

• And to answer the school and work question. Full Time for both.  Working nights and weekends and in school full time with 14 hours I think. 12 or 14...whichever...it's full time.  

• Good luck with SD visiting... I would be cautious of the visit... is she staying with you? Will her and her BF be supervised?

Praying that it goes well... and looking forward to seeing updated pics of baby :)

• That's why I'm considering extending my maternity leave one more week J+R.  If DH is still unemployed...then he'll be home with them, but I'm not risking it. 

I wish I could trust her, but she has yet to prove herself.  Maybe after this visit I can more. 

• I am glad things are going well with her but why is her BF that you have never met and she likely barely knows staying in your house with your new baby?  Seriously, I think that's crazy given the situation.  And crazier that you are going to take a week off of work for her to visit.  If that is the only time she can come then she should have to arrange for a way to not be in the house alone, not your issue and if it were me I would not let a man that I have never met stay at my house when SD has made seriously horrible choices in the past.  But that is just me.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageLittlejen22:
    I am glad things are going well with her but why is her BF that you have never met and she likely barely knows staying in your house with your new baby?  Seriously, I think that's crazy given the situation.  And crazier that you are going to take a week off of work for her to visit.  If that is the only time she can come then she should have to arrange for a way to not be in the house alone, not your issue and if it were me I would not let a man that I have never met stay at my house when SD has made seriously horrible choices in the past.  But that is just me.

100% agree... I was thinking about if he decided to steal from you guys, if SD would put him up to something and them scheme behind your back.  I 100% with everything LittleJen said.

• Actually now that Littlejen posted this - I had been assuming all along that when she visits she is staying at a hotel.  This was what I thought would happen - especially now that she's bringing some guy with her. 

Any thoughts on this???

• Hey J, I wanted to add that I still agree with my comments and questions but hope they did not come off as attacking you, afterwards I felt I came off rude and I hope you know that was not the intention.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • We actually mentioned a hotel. She asked her dad if she and her boyfriend would be able to sleep together in the same room and bed and DH infatically (sp?) said absolutely not.  Our home. Our rules. If you're not married or seriously engaged to be married - no sleeping together in our home.   She argued with him and DH told her there is an affordable hotel down the road if they must sleep together.

If DH is still nnot working by the, they can stay at our home. I'm not going to be that much of a hardass.  I'll lock everything up that is personal.  I don't fear the doing something while we're there - even if we're sleeping - but they will not be alone in this house ever.  And SD will not be unsupervised with SD. She has shown some jealousy still. It's not near as bad as I was expecting it to be, but it's still there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"