Breastfeeding
Options

Clogged duct?

I think I might have a clogged duct on my left breast. What is the best way to clear this up? How do I know for sure that is what it is? I just noticed it tonight- it is like a hard bump on the outside of my boob. It doesnt hurt per se, but the area around it seems to be tender. I feel like production on that side has dropped recently too...

Does this all sound like a clogged duct?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Clogged duct?

• Options
    It sounds like a clogged duct to me.  I've had one 2x :(  To get rid of it, you want to pump/nurse as much as possible preferrably with LO's nose or chin pointing toward the clog.  Then apply a warm compress and massage the area for a while.  Taking a hot shower and letting the water hit the clogged spot also helps a lot.  HTH!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMamiJam:
    It sounds like a clogged duct to me.  I've had one 2x :(  To get rid of it, you want to pump/nurse as much as possible preferrably with LO's nose or chin pointing toward the clog.  Then apply a warm compress and massage the area for a while.  Taking a hot shower and letting the water hit the clogged spot also helps a lot.  HTH!!

I had 2 as well with DD....I did the same thing that she said and it cleared up pretty quickly!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegina&dave07:

imageMamiJam:

I had 2 as well with DD....I did the same thing that she said and it cleared up pretty quickly!

Agreed. I've had several clogged ducts....hot showers helped the most for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"