Austin Babies
Options

I was promised odorless poop

One of the many benefits of breastfeeding that I was wholeheartedly looking forward to with this baby was odorless, and possibly even "sweet smelling" poop. After formula feeding Leo and dealing with all of that nastiness I thought this was going to be truly awesome.

Well guess what! Charlie's poop is horrible smelling! Grosser than Leo's ever was at this age! He also has the most unbelievable gas I have ever - EVER - heard come out of a being this tiny. Not sure if that is related.

I feel totally ripped off. Where do I go to make a complaint? I think I should get like, a discount coupon for 50% less pain in my next labor or something like that. Do other BFing mom's have babies with this magical non-smelly poop?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I was promised odorless poop

• Options
    Daniel had the magical sweet-smelling poop.  Okay, maybe not sweet-smelling, but it was odorless.  William, not so much.  If you can locate the complaints department, I'll meet you there to stand in line.  With our gassy, smelly babies, of course.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Maybe it is your diet? Saying this in the nicest way possible. My Charlie's was oderless though I'm not sure about sweet smelling. Compared to how it is now after starting solids it definitely was a magical poop!

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKittyFX:

Maybe it is your diet? Saying this in the nicest way possible. My Charlie's was oderless though I'm not sure about sweet smelling. Compared to how it is now after starting solids it definitely was a magical poop!

It's possible! I don't really avoid anything so that could definitely be it. Luckily the gas doesn't seem to bother him, or I'd probably try that elimination diet.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

DD can clear a room with her gas. It is foul. And her poop is not odorless. Not by a long stretch of the imagination.  

• Options

I recall Abby's being not odorless - but not nasty. Emily's poop is GROSS. I can tell she has a poopy diaper in the bassinett from my bed.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Well I'm glad that at least I'm not the only one suffering!

If I ever find that complaint department, I think we should file a class action suit against them. Labor pain discounts for all!

• Options
    Kate's poop smelled like yeast.  I only thought it was gross until I had solid food poop to compare it to.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It really might be something in your diet.  I went through a lot of problems with #2- a lot of very stinky gas, pooping problems, etc and come to find out after visiting the allergist he was lactose intolerant and had problems breaking down certain milk proteins.  He was in a lot of pain (screaming hours and hours of each day is what prompted us to do multiple dr visits) and we knew it from the bowel problems.  I had to cut all dairy, whey, etc from my diet.  While it sounds like your is not nearly serious in that department, I was just trying to show that it really could be something in your diet that the baby has to break down within his system.  If it is just stinky poop you are dealing with, I'd let it be (poop stinks!) but if there are other problems that you notice, you may want to look into it.  HTH some!
    Jacob David (01/07), Matthew Isaac (12/08) & Kasey Elise (9/10)
    WEB
  • Options

imagelrb:
    It really might be something in your diet.  I went through a lot of problems with #2- a lot of very stinky gas, pooping problems, etc and come to find out after visiting the allergist he was lactose intolerant and had problems breaking down certain milk proteins.  He was in a lot of pain (screaming hours and hours of each day is what prompted us to do multiple dr visits) and we knew it from the bowel problems.  I had to cut all dairy, whey, etc from my diet.  While it sounds like your is not nearly serious in that department, I was just trying to show that it really could be something in your diet that the baby has to break down within his system.  If it is just stinky poop you are dealing with, I'd let it be (poop stinks!) but if there are other problems that you notice, you may want to look into it.  HTH some!

Thank you - if he ever seems to get worse w/the gas I will definitely keep that in mind :)

• Options

Not to freak you out, but DD's pedi said that if her BF poo was ever disgustingly foul that it could be a sign of a larger issue and to bring her in.

It was never odorless, but it never had a foul smelling aroma to it. Just its own distinct odor.

• Options

DS was FF, and my aunt was BFing her little girl at the same time.  Her daughter's poo could clear the room just as easily as DS's.

That's the extent of my experience and advice.  YWIA.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS's poo was stinky.  Not horrible, but stinky.
  • Options
    M&W's smells much worse than Rhett's. They also have terrible smelling gas. The pedi has smelled it though and wasn't worried. She just said they should be getting lots of good intestinal flora from being bf babies and that it should get better at some point. I'm still waiting for that though!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    imagem_and_m:

Not to freak you out, but DD's pedi said that if her BF poo was ever disgustingly foul that it could be a sign of a larger issue and to bring her in.

It was never odorless, but it never had a foul smelling aroma to it. Just its own distinct odor.

Oh goodness, thank you. I'll check it out because everytime I decide to wait on something it ends up being a big deal, lol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"