3rd Trimester
Options

When will you stop working?

I plan on stop working about 5 days prior to my EDD.  Obviously, if LO comes sooner then I will stop.  I'm already getting uncomfortable and I'm not really sure I can go another 9 weeks of cleaning teeth.  When do you plan on stop working?  And how long are you taking off?

Re: When will you stop working?

• Options

I'm working up until 39 weeks and then my maternity leave starts. I would work up until my due date but working at a restrauant and being on my feet for hours is really tiring.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm being induced tomorrow and called out for the first time in the pregnancy Friday.  Kind of proud of myself but I know that if I had to go full term I would've stopped working last Friday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was at work the day I went into labor a week past my due date and was out on leave for 12 weeks.
  • Options
    My EDD is April 18. The person covering my leave is Jewish and wants to celebrate passover before he takes over. This is her first year as a retired teacher and she is excited to only worry about passover. I think the week after hat will be my last day. I am taking of until the end of August.
  • Options
    I am done this Friday-which should give me two weeks before LO arrives.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thursday was my last official day, but Tuesday is my FMLA start day.  This is now the longest I have ever been pregnant I'm hoping to make it to my appointment on Wednesday and if she hasn't flipped then I hope to make it to my ECV.

• Options
    At this point I am 3 1/2 cm dilated and feel tons of pressure every day! I had LO at 37 weeks, and though I know it means nothing I feel as though I have done my time! I work as a nurses assistant in a short term rehab/ Long term care facility for the elderly, and I'm on my feet 8-10hrs a day 5 days a week with sometimes heavy lifting, and always TONS of bending, pulling, and stretching.... I will work until 38 weeks, and than I am starting my leave. I had originally planned to stick it out to the end, but at this point I will have to cave. It's not worth potentially hurting myself over 2-3 weeks. LO will need me when she is born, and what good will I be if I mess up my back or something worse. . . .
  • Options

I'm now a SAHM, but with my DD I worked up to the day before I delivered. 

I went to work on Monday, had my appt. in the afternoon and was induced the next morning. 

• Options
    I'm planning on working up until 2 days before my due date I think
  • Options

I was planning on working up until my EDD but I was done this past Friday for personal reasons. I teach special needs and my job is way more physically demanding than I had thought, I drive 45min 1 way to work and who knows how the weather is going to be. My OB was/is more comfortable with this and was more than happy to write me out of work early.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With my 1st i was working when i went into labor.  i also plan on working until my water breaks or labor starts...but i am not on my feet all day, I have days that i do need to be standing most of the day but more often i am sitting at a computer.
  • Options
    The "plan" is to work right up until I go into labor. I have a desk job...so it's not too tough. I do have to go to school up until my due date (I have my last final on May 6th, and I'm due the 8th), so I figure if I have to do that, I might as well be working.
    Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm almost a week overdue and will be heading into work tomorrow morning.  That may be my last day, though.  I have a slew of appointments at my OBs on Tuesday.  I MAY work on Wednesday if everything is OK and then take annual leave on Thurs and Fri.  I don't want my FMLA to start until LO arrives (induction tenatively set for Feb 6 unless things get going soonerTongue Tied).
  • Options
    Week 38 is when I'm officially off ...
  • Options
    Hopefully I'm able to make it until I go into labor.
  • Options
    not soon enough...but seriously, LO is due 4/5 (the day after Easter), so the last day of March.
  • Options
    I'm planning to go until my EDD, only so I can have as much time with our son as possible when he gets here. But, to tell you the truth, I'm already mentally checked out.
  • Options

March 19, about 37 1/2 weeks

I teach so I will be taking the rest of the school year off and go back to work the last week of August

• Options
    I am working from home starting tomorrow. I will work up until I am in labour. I am off work until September when I start back part time from home and then back in the office in Feb.
  • Options
    wow...you girls make me feel lazy.  Yesterday was my last day of work.  I'm a nurse though and work 12 hour shifts on my feet and all that running around was really getting to me.  I'm planning on going back to work 6-8 weeks after baby is born since I decided to leave work 8 weeks before my EDD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't know yet.

I think my boss is kind of scared that I will go into labor at the office (It's just me and him at my workplace), so I might take off a week or two before my due date. I really have no idea how much time I am going to take off after Baby gets here either though, and really need to have this conversation with him. Up until now it's been a "play it by ear" thing, and I know that's because he is waiting to see if he will have enough work to hire someone else, or if he can farm out my job to contractors until I come back. Everything is really up in the air right now.

So it goes.
  • Options
    My husband and I were just talking about this today.  I am a teacher and while I stand/sit, it is a lot of up and down and bending and is just a very active job.  I don't like being home (such as summer) for too long at a time if I feel good.  We decided I will work until 38 weeks. 
  • Options

Until I go into labour or the day after my EDD, which ever comes first.

I have a office job with very little pressure. I have basically "handed over" most of my work already so am just doing a few things now.

It is actually more comfortable at work as it is the middle of summer and the office has air-con and my house does not.

• Options
    Friday was my last day.
  • Options
    As long as I can - DH and the hospital are both very close to my job, so I'd prefer to be here.   If it gets really uncomfortable, I'll ask my boss if I can work at home for a week, if I am very close to my due date, but I'd rather not.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My due date is March 7th. My last day of work is scheduled for Friday March 5th. Really, she's welcome to come anytime after February 24nd...I just want to be able to introduce my long-term sub to my students (the sub will start working with me on Feb 22nd).
  • Options
    I plan to work up until the baby is born, I have a pretty low key job that I sit down a lot for so I don't see a problem. I am only planning on taking 6 weeks so I want all my time for after the baby is here.
  • Options
    I worked up until two days before my due date. ?My son is still not here, but I am glad that I am not working right now---I have a terrible rash called PUPPP that is making it even harder to sleep and I can't imagine dealing with the itchiness at work, too. ?I will be out for the rest of the school year and return in August. ?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working up to 37 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"