Multiples
Options

Did you wake the baby?

when one baby woke up, did you wake the other?

Re: Did you wake the baby?

• Options

To feed at night?  Yes.  In the beginning anyway.  More recently, we found that H couldn't sleep through until 6 or 7, but M could and could drop that feeding, so we let him sleep.  

I got to a point where I just couldn't wake them up.  For the first 2 1/2 months or so...we'd absolutely wake the other or else we'd be feeding babies nonstop! 

• Options
    Only for feeding.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For feedings, yes. Though sometimes at night, we would feed one right after the other rather than feeding both at once; they seemed to go back to sleep earlier if they got the 1 on 1 attention and didn't have to wait while the other baby was getting up, burped, etc.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    for feeding yes and still do.
  • Options

Only to eat - that way they stay on the same schedule.

• Options
    If one woke/wakes up  and is ready to eat, we wake the other. Usually it was around the time they typically eat so it wasn't too big of deal and once the second baby was up, they would realize that they were hungry also.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes  we followed the strategy feed one feed both!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never did.  DS has always nursed  for short, more frequent periods, while DD nursed longer and went for longer periods.  I chose the route of eat and sleep on demand.  THough now at 6 months I am sleep training b/c they both tried to nurse all night long b/c I cosleep, and just yesterday at 6.5 months, I hit my wall of if I don't start sleeping, I will die, LOL! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we did, and decided not to one night to see what happened, and she slept through the night.  And then the next night, they both slept through the night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"